Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

kinda ticked off ***ETA****

Posted by   + Show Post

i went on a job interview and it went great.  they called up my refrences, we agreed on salary.  everything was going great.  i also work part time.  i was takling to one of my coworkers who i have become close with and mentioned that i went on this interview. blah blah blah.  well monday she calls me up and says that she owes me big time, for telling her about the position.  she went ahead applied for the position, and they chose her over me.  im a little pissed and i feel bad that im pissed.  i just wish she told me about how she was going to go for the job too. 

****eta:

i spoke to my therapist today, and she sometimes gets phone calls and emails from companys that hire.  well, its for the same position as the other job, but for a different company.  they start you off at 20 hours a week.  and once you've been there they bump you up to 35 hours a week and starting pay, when you go fulltime is 40g.  im not telling anyone about this job lol

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Replies (41-50):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM

You are a better woman than me......I would make her life miserable.....especially after what she did and the way she did it.....smdh

Quoting gemikris82:

no im chicken shit.  i want to keep it peaceful since we still work together

Quoting Sassy762:

That is horrible. Have you said anything to her about this?

gemikris82
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Ooh i want to!  but i dont want to cause problems at work.  i cant risk anohter job.

Quoting Sassy762:

You are a better woman than me......I would make her life miserable.....especially after what she did and the way she did it.....smdh

Quoting gemikris82:

no im chicken shit.  i want to keep it peaceful since we still work together

Quoting Sassy762:

That is horrible. Have you said anything to her about this?

marinenonstop
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Hmmm, well several friends and myself have both gone for he same positions at companies. I feel that people get hired for being more qualified or the employer (for whatever reason) feels one will be a better fit. However, she was sneaky about it and should've just flat out told you she was applying for the position.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Yeah, I would be upset...wow

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM

what a bitch!
That was a shady move on her part and you have every right to be pissed

kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM

You don't have to risk your job....but I certainly wouldn't be nice to her about anything...be professional but cold

Devious333
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM
That is fucked up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:57 PM

bump for update

gemikris82

BUMP!

gemikris82

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN