Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do I need the fathers permission to place my baby for adoption?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I want to do what's best for my baby. We live in poverty and I don't want to raise a baby this way. But the father won't consent. What do I do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Replies (161-164):
Mama_Of_Two2012
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Im really sorry that happened to u but cootoes to u for giving birth and not aborting the pregnancy.

Quoting Nolanzo:

When I put my newborn up last year, they had to first make an honest effort to find my perpetrator (this was a rape) because, believe it or not, he would have needed to sign too. Unbelievable, but true.

Because I was legally married at the time of the assault, my husband automatically defaulted second after his bio father. You don't even want to know what a difficult time my adoption agency had tracking him down to get him to sign... He ran back to England where he's from and they actually hired a foreign private investigator to find him at his parents house in Braintree, Essex. It was a nightmare, and took six months to do before the adoption could be finalized.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to be honest when I say that if I'd found out at 3-5 weeks, I would have. As I happens, I did not discover the pregnancy until 11 weeks Because I'd taken a Plan B @ the hospital immediately following the assault, and bled consistently for the following 6 weeks as a result. Imagine my surprise to find out that not only did this baby survive a Plan B pill, but that he was healthy and thriving at 11 weeks old.

There is no way I couldn't give this little fighter a chance. And I'm so glad I did. He is living wonderfully today :)

I feel compelled to add that, despite my own circumstances, I remain 100000% Pro Choice and would NEVER judge another assault victim for terminating. It was an incredibly difficult 9 months, emotionally torturous, and not something just any woman could handle.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Im really sorry that happened to u but cootoes to u for giving birth and not aborting the pregnancy.

Quoting Nolanzo:

When I put my newborn up last year, they had to first make an honest effort to find my perpetrator (this was a rape) because, believe it or not, he would have needed to sign too. Unbelievable, but true.

Because I was legally married at the time of the assault, my husband automatically defaulted second after his bio father. You don't even want to know what a difficult time my adoption agency had tracking him down to get him to sign... He ran back to England where he's from and they actually hired a foreign private investigator to find him at his parents house in Braintree, Essex. It was a nightmare, and took six months to do before the adoption could be finalized.

isaiahbellamom
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Birthtright has resources 1-800-550-4900
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM

Because that baby is now a living, breathing being and belongs to both of you. You don't get to be the only one making the decisions anymore. It's not bull crap. The dad has a right to his child. If you don't want it, give it to him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is it I could have an abortion without consent but not place the baby for adoption? I won't abort but that is bull crap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)