Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am having trouble with potty training..!!!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hey everyone,

I'm new to cafe mom. I'm very excited to meet moms. To help moms that need advice.

Ok I'm cutting my story as short as possible. MY daughter is  29 months old. She has been showing me signs of being ready to potty train before she was even 2. I thought to myself maybe shes too young. Which she wasn't. Anyways its been since the summer of 2012 that I'm trying here and there to get her used to it. Shes somewhat comfortable with the whole idea. I thought shes going to be a piece of cake to train and I think she is but maybe I'm losing my patience? It's been many months I'm just over tired at this point.

The first couple days were okay she liked to take her diaper off to wear an underwear. I would give her a book to sit on her potty or something and she might sit for a little bit or she might just refuse. Then I seen she started to hold her pee alot. She would go a whole day and only pee twice but those two times were on the floor.Then after getting frustrated I think she said" I'm not doing this" but hates putting her diaper on. She wants to be naked or in shorts. So everyday we are having battles because she won't listen to go pee in the bathroom but then pee's on floor then if I try to put a diaper on she literally wants to fight me to not put her diaper on. In my head I say you don't want a diaper then pee for mommy. I would wake up and tell her lets get your diaper off. She starts screaming that she doesn't want to. I say ok. Can I change your diaper and she says no.

So pretty much I'm confused is it me being frustrated or what? She is being bossy and never letting me change her diaper or potty train her. I know shes ready, I know she is she HATES the diaper. She tells me when she needs to poop all the time but not to pee. I'm lost.

Please anyone. Do I tell her its time to take diaper off when she wakes up and just take it off or what. I wish I can start from scratch but she is always battling me. I know me being frustrated is not helping the situation but she is not letting me help her. Thanks in advance

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

2 possibilities here. I have a 4 1/2 yr old that is giving me hell on it. I finally found out (he was using the big potty) the reason he wouldn't poop in it was he thought he was going to fall in and get flushed away.  now we have him poop trained we got the potty chair back out. now he is peeing his pants but not pooping them.  I have heard of kids who hold it to long getting uti's and bladder infections. I am wondering if my son has one. and crap I just took him to the doc today and forgot to have him tested.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Give her a break and come back to it. If shes morwle willing then chunk the diapers completely. Wait several months. Shes still very young
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a difference between hating the diaper, and being ready to use the potty.  learning to use the potty is only half understanding what to do, the other half is her body building the muscle control necessary for her to have.. well control over her bladder.  

As far as her attitude.. well she sounds like she is hitting that wonderful stage of trying to assert some independence... and that is good, and that is normal, but letting yourself get walked on... not good.  If you tell her that the diaper needs to be changed.. "NO" should not be allowed, her diaper needs to be changed and so you give her no other options.  Its easy to lose control over behavior at this age..... learn from others, don't let it go to far. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)