Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 days old ...vomiting/spit up

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
i bf, he woke up like he was starving, it was a little early for feeding but being half asleep i payed no attention just started nursing. like 10 mins in (he usually nurses 15-20) he let go, i sat him up to burp him, and it all came up. dd never spit up and ds one had health problems so it was more like exorsist vomiting... I'm freaking out! I feel so bad, i got him cleaned up and he just layed there looking at me with this horrible look in his eyes like why... maybe it was just spit up, it just seemed like a lot, and he hasn't tried to nurse since... i had chicken flourentine for dinner, maybe the spinach? idk i just feel horrible and don't want to put him down now
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:39 AM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I'm freaking out here
ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:41 AM
I'm not bf here's a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rstott
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM

He may have eaten too fast. My newest one is six weeks and has done that a few times. She seems to eat a ton and then when I burp her it is like it all comes back out. She usually just eats again after I clean her up. I wouldn't worry too much. 

nathansmommy331
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM
It could be your dinner or reflux. Maybe try bfing with his body angled up more, head up more like almost sitting.
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM

there is a 48 hr bug going around. give him some pedialyte for a couple of days and see if it passes. if not see doc.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM

He probably had to much milk in his stomach....he will be fine. Just watch him

StrawberryCool
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Its refluex.

All babies have it.

Some have it bad.

Just keep an eye on it
LittleLady003
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

my baby was doing the same thing and she is 3 months on the 20th. she has reflux and the doctor is having her take zantac for it and so far its been working well but some days she will still throw up like the exorsist. some tips that her doctor gave me: when you feed him have him in a 30 degree angle, and throw him over your shoulder for burping, and keep him up right for about 20-30 mins after he is done feeding. hope that helps!

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:54 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like projectile vomiting. have you taken his temperature? At 4 days old I would take him to see a dr asap.  Lack of fluids and food can cause weight loss and at this age that can be dangerous.  projectile vomiting is sign of an infection.  if it happens again or he has a fever, it is an emergency and treat it as such!  With a child this young, it is never wrong to treat everything that is abnormal as an emergency.  The baby is too young, to frail to withstand any real illness.  Even a minor "bug" can cause severe harm and not getting enough fluids can lead to severe health risks.  There is a big difference between 4 days old, and 6 weeks old.  Error on the sign of caution here. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured