Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im having a hard time believing in christianity

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I grew up feeling close to god and praying every single night, etc. My husband has a lot of faith in god and the bible and we go to church and everything...but for awhile now I have been having a hard time believing. Like how is there a supreme being everywhere and jesus and it all seems a little crazy now :/ but I really want to believe. Can someone help me?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I know how you feel, I have had my doubts and because that means condemnation in Christianity that really scared me :( but then again I still believe in God just don't know what to believe about him. Nothing about why/how we are here makes sense to me without God. I still pray and I feel as though God answers my prayers. But you know all the sciency people start on about evolution and you know of course evolution has occurred to some extent, but without God it still doesn't make sense to me. How exactly does life start?? How does something come from nothing without a cause? Doesn't there have to be an eternal force behind it that was never created? Isn't that God? Call me ignorant but it blows my mind
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Here's the thing. Jesus did exist because there are pictures and he is written in the text of history books. Now the thing about god and everything has to do with you. If deep down in your heart you believe there is god that is what faith is. I heard somewhere it's like how you have faith in love and in your husband. You have faith that he loves you and won't cheat on you. There's no definite proof that he won't besides his word. But you have faith that he won't. There's no concrete evidence that god exist but if you have faith then he does. Does that make sense? Now I know I will be bashed and some mom will tell me I am a load of crap but that's how I honestly see it.

asaffell
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Take your time and know that it's ok to have doubts, to believe, to not believe. Figure out where you stand. You can pray, meditate, mull it over and see where you stand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN