Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How bad of a mom would I be if...edit

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
I went back to sleep? Ds is 15 months old and there's nothing he can get to that would hurt him. How bad would if be if I went back to sleep on the couch for a little bit while he plays in the living room? All the doors are closed and baby gates are up so he can't get to any other room.

Edit: I didn't take a nap (yet). I got ds breakfast, I ate and now he's nursing. I'm praying he will go to sleep so I can. He slept horribly last night!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't but if you feel you're so tired you can't wait until he goes down for a nap then go ahead. Eben knowing everything was up and out of the way I would still be too nervous. It only rakes a second for something bad to happen.
Megan11587
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
4 moms liked this
Do you have a play pen you can put him in? I wouldn't just let him have free reign over the living room.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I'm a super light sleeper. He can't make a sound without me waking up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't but if you feel you're so tired you can't wait until he goes down for a nap then go ahead. Eben knowing everything was up and out of the way I would still be too nervous. It only rakes a second for something bad to happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
6 moms liked this
I do that sometimes. He could get hurt while I'm watching him too...you can't protect your child from everything. I never sleep very soundly, though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM
No and if I did he would throw a fit. Play pens are too enclosed for him.

Quoting Megan11587:

Do you have a play pen you can put him in? I wouldn't just let him have free reign over the living room.
ProudMomma1022
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM
If you can manage one of those 'half sleeps' where you can still hear everything but you 'wake up' feeling rested go for it! I have slept when my 2 oldest kids (5&3) were up and running around and my 3 yr old loves to get into everything. But i managed to hear what was going on even though i was asleep. :) i love those kinda naps
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM
That's what it would be lol

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

If you can manage one of those 'half sleeps' where you can still hear everything but you 'wake up' feeling rested go for it! I have slept when my 2 oldest kids (5&3) were up and running around and my 3 yr old loves to get into everything. But i managed to hear what was going on even though i was asleep. :) i love those kinda naps
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I did that a few times inadvertently.  While I don't necessarily recommend it, realistically if you're like me (an insanely light sleeper) it most likely won't be an issue if you close your eyes for a few minutes.  I know this is not the popular answer, but you're only human and he's in a child-proof space.  I sort of doubt you that laser your eyes on him every milisecond that you're awake either.  We can't.  It's impossible.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I personally wouldn't risk it. 

ProudMomma1022
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Go for it! DOOOO ITTTT lol :) enjoy your nap.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's what it would be lol

Quoting ProudMomma1022:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)