Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do i really look that old?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

okay. So, after years of being out and raising kids, it is time for me to go back to school. I have been having a HUGE amount of anxiety about this and was having panic attacks all say. School was a miserable experience for me. Not because of studying, i am relatively smart and do alright with that, but because of the people and the bullying.

So, i get to the junior college extra early to make sure i know where my classroom is and everything. I am standing there, waiting for the elevator (because honestly i didnt know where the stairs were and i didnt want to wander around like an idiot trying to find them) and a typical student comes up, probably 18 or 19, to wait for the elevator with me and starts talking about how he was late on the first day, etc. Then he says, "So, do you work here? are you a professor?"

i wanted to start crying right then. I have already had all this anxiety about being the "old" person in class. Sure enough, i am the 4th oldest. But, to have someone think i was a professor? ugh. 

Seriously now, how old do i look? is it THAT bad? how old do i look?

Proud mom of an ornery 3 year old boy, a very smart 6 year old girl! Married for 4.5 years, together for 7! Fun loving, open-minded, eco-friendly, creative,friendly, different strokes work for different folks, lady! I stay at home, work at home, love it all!

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:12 AM

kinda scared to bump, but i guess i will. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
No you don't look old, my cousin was in her early 20s and a high school teacher. You just have that teacher look lol
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM

26 or 28 i don't know I'm not good with ages. lol

It's Cassandra Cat! 

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM

You do not look old at all. 

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I would say 25-27. Not old at all!(I'm almost 26,LOL)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gweneveer
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Dont let it bother you.  I am the oldest person at my job.  Im 10 years older than everyone else.  I couldnt care less.  Who cares what other people think?  

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I've had professors in their late 20s.

The only thing you can do regarding your age is accept it.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Well, you obviously don't look like an 18-22 year old...it would probably just seem more likely to a student that you are a teacher than a nontraditional student.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM

You are young and beautiful. What's the problem?

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 AM
This. Its weird, but you do look like a teacher.. Not old tho. Upper 20's?

Quoting Anonymous:

No you don't look old, my cousin was in her early 20s and a high school teacher. You just have that teacher look lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured