Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Being brainwashed by society...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
5 moms liked this
First off let's all be on the same page with what the definition of brainwashed actually is.
Brainwashed: a forcible indoctrination to induce someone to give up basic political, social, or religious beliefs and attitudes and to accept contrasting regimented ideas.

In other words to CHANGE another's current opinion from what they believe to what you are aggressively feeding them.

So, this got me to thinking. Non-Christians are always accusing Christians of being brainwashed for their beliefs. But I concede, is it the Christians who are brainwashed? Or is it everyone else who have progressively (through the media and other outlets) been taught acceptance of any and all things??
Gawd forbid Christians not be accepting of anything... Gawd forbid they actually remain faithful to their beliefs.
The people I can't stand more than those who would make it their life goal to brainwash Christians into accepting all things and all people are the Christians who actually allow themselves to be brainwashed. Those who make comments like "I USED to be a Christian BUT..."
but what? But... You allowed society to brainwash you into believing abortion is legal, so it's ok? Or "God made us this way", so it's ok...
Why is it that if Christians don't accept these brainwashed secular views that are the ones accused of being brainwashed, simply for staying true to what they believe?

Most people were so quick to jump on the bandwagon a couple weeks back that society is the one who has taught us that a mother from an ancient Asian tribe sucking her infant son's penis is wrong. Really? Society has brainwashed us into thinking THAT is wrong?? How about decent morals taught us that a mother sucking her son's penis is wrong.
Society is brainwashing many of you, but sadly enough the result is moral decay... And Christians are evil. Do none of you actually realize how asinine that even sounds?
I do realize that not all "Christians" are good people... Every group has it's nutjobs. But I'm not talking about those who cause harm "for the cause". They are idiots.

ETA: The point of this post was not to say "if you're not a Christian, you're brainwashed". What I'm saying is, why do many non Christians accuse Christians of being brainwashed when they are in fact the ones who stick to their beliefs and don't allow society to sway them?? The term brainwashed doesn't mean people are taught not to be free-thinkers (as many Christians are accused). It means to be aggressively convinced to change what you do believe. In conclusion, true Christians are the very opposite of brainwashed...
I don't understand why it's so difficult for many to grasp this. perhaps it's because many of you are simply thinking within the confines of your own personal views. So much for "I respect whatever you want to believe... Acceptance of all people and opinions as long as you don't force yours on me". Smh.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m0mmyheather
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm agnostic. I don't believe there is absolutely no way there's a God; I'm totally open to that possibility. I just would like some proof before putting 100% of my faith into it. I don't think society is teaching people that Christians are evil at all, nor do I think it's the other way around aside from a few over-the-top fanatics. It isn't a black and white type of thing. Some Christians are good people and some are not just as some non-Christians are good people and some are not. Our perception of right and wrong has more to do with both our culture and how we are brought up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Oh so those who don't believe as christans are brain washed. I disagree with you. I also don't christans are. Only people who feel the need to take thing of any nature to the extrem and accuse those who don't believe their way as being brain washed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM
2 moms liked this

You're awesomely stupid.

Let's just sit back and watch your sorry ass get handed to you :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 AM
You've completely misinterpreted what I've said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh so those who don't believe as christans are brain washed. I disagree with you. I also don't christans are. Only people who feel the need to take thing of any nature to the extrem and accuse those who don't believe their way as being brain washed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Lol. Ok. Was it the gay comment or the abortion comment? I'm sure that's all you heard from everything I wrote.
Gee, you'd think as accepting society is you'd be open to someone's opinion that differs from yours???

Quoting Anonymous:

You're awesomely stupid.

Let's just sit back and watch your sorry ass get handed to you :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Interpretation is up to the reader is it not? That is how it came across to me. I put down how I felt about things.

Quoting Anonymous:

You've completely misinterpreted what I've said.

Quoting Anonymous:

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM

society didn't teach me abortion's okay. i live in the bible belt so that's next to impossible. i actually researched and came to my own conclusions

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM
I think the word brainwashed get thrown around way too often. We have free will and we can think for ourselves. Do people get tricked or duped into believing things that aren't true? Yes. Are people being brainwashed to believe things, Christian or not? No. Lets leave the term brainwashing to cult leaders and conspiracy theorists...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcwife86
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this

yes i do realise how asinine your post sounds. you just accused everyone who doesn't think like you of being brainwashed. go you.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I was "ousted" (for lack of a better word) by the church I had been part of for years (and in leadership positions of), because I decided to remarry when I was widowed. I wasn't brainwashed...I was shunned. As I have been away I began to re read things on my own and see some of the twist put behind them...(Sodom and Gomorrah for example...it wasn't Sodomy that got them in trouble...they raped the freaking angels). I also know some languages don't translate to English well (Greek is a good one).

One thing Christians need to realize is freedom of religion (in the States) covers all religions, and they need to fight for others too. When rights are removed from one group of people, they will keep going down the line until no one has any rights. At that point there will be no one left to fight. (this goes for everyone) Protect each others freedoms, or eventually you will lose yours.

I don't deny Gods existence, but I would love to ask him why He made me His kick toy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)