Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those who deny Evolution- tell me what you know about it...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 202 Replies
3 moms liked this

Without using google right now. Tell me off the top of your head what you think it is and then tell me why you don't agree with it.

Those who believe Evolution to be fact, please feel free to reply to any responses I get here to refute their claims.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:43 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't disbelieve in it. I do believe that God created the world, but the Bible just says THAT he did it, not HOW he did it. Evolution, on a small scale, is a fact. On a big scale, I have no problem believing it is possible. I don't really know bc I wasn't there, but I don't lose sleep over it.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM

No one else? lol

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I assume you are talking about the whole Adam-rib thing vs. science? lol! 

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

No, I want the relgious people who deny evolution as fact to tell me what they know and understand about it- without googling in present time,  and also tell me why they don't believe in it.

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
14 moms liked this
Let me just clear this now. Evolution does not state that we evolved from monkeys. If you believe that, you don't know the theory of evolution. Also, a scientific theory is different from the word theory in everyday language.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM
3 moms liked this

Sorry, they are all doing exactly what you asked them not to, gooogling evalution so they can make claim they know about it and argue anyway.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Oh okay. I´ll just read then. I am not one of them. 

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

No, I want the relgious people who deny evolution as fact to tell me what they know and understand about it- without googling in present time,  and also tell me why they don't believe in it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:08 AM
3 moms liked this

I've had this debated with a few family members. All I say to them is "Who said God didn't make The Big Bang? God is so powerful yet he can't create evolution?"

I believe that evolution is how the world we know was created. I know there are a lot of stories in The Bible that have some evidence to prove that it did happen. But humans are fallible and since humans wrote The Bible I believe they made mistakes. I also believe that some parts that are in it are just stories to learn from. I believe that if you look at evolution and along with different parts of The Bible that you will have something that explains what actually happened back then. Everyone evolves. We have evolved. Illnesses that people couldn't fight off 100yrs ago we live through now with no problems. To say the world was created by God only would be ignorant. Evolution is everywhere. If you can't see it in yourself then look at animals. If they can do it so can we. 

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM

BUMP so I can come back and read some of the responses ... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)