Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fist Fight with my DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My DD has anger and rebellious issues like you wouldnt believe! Anyway I got her up for school shes 17 turning 18 next year..I should state that Im a self defense instructor..she wore this disgusting excuse of an outfit NO one would let their daughter go anywhere wearing what she was wearing especially in this weather. I told her Aracely go change, now. she says no and it escalates quickly, things got physical and she really tried to fight me!! I put her in a choke hold without the choking of course and demanded she calm down! I had my son call the police, Ive had it..would it be wrong of me to press charges to teach her a lesson? being that shes so close to 18, i dont want to blemish her legal record but Im at my wits end!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
No

Quoting Anonymous:

does it sound like parsley?

Quoting Anonymous:

Ar rah celee

Quoting JeremiahJackson:

How do you pronounce that name?

Quoting Anonymous:

YES Aracely, problem?

Quoting sampson200:

Aracely?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM
A females name. Duh. Damn ppl

Quoting Anonymous:

What is this, Aracely? What could this typo mean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I'm not the op. I'm Mexican and Puerto Rican and that's a common Spanish name.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Never heard it before. How is it pronounced? She's probably pissed at having such an odd name.

Press charges. She had no right to hit you.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's a common fuckin name ignorant ass

Quoting Anonymous:

Is Aracely her name? No wonder she beat you up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Not if they didn't upgrade to beta.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Your DAUGHTER has anger issues? Hmmm.

That wasnt op genius. pay atteniton. it TELLS you right there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Is there an option to still use the old style????? why was I not told about this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Really?

First, I never fought about clothes.  And at 17 - it's on her.  If she wants to go out looking like trash, well - too late to change her now.  As long as they didn't get sent home from school, I didn't/don't care what they wear.  Not a battle I choose to fight.

xElizabethx
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My 12 year old has Bipolar. She refuses to use any sort of coping technique and instead just acts out in anger. Over the last month or so she has become increasingly aggressive. We called the police on Christmas Eve and they filed a domestic assault petition on my behalf...on a 12 year old. I think it is completely understandable that you file one on your 17 year old. Since she is older they may do things differently but all DD had to do was meet with an intake officer in the juvenile court. They discussed what would happen the next time she hit me or destroyed my property. Apparently they can issue something along the lines of probation and community service or the officer can decide that it needs to go before a judge. The officer said in my city that they do everything they can to prevent it going before a judge so there is no record (and because once the court is officially involved it is no longer in the parent's control). They did say they take age and prior offenses into account.

I think your DD needs to learn one way or another that you cannot physically lash out at people and IF you do, there ARE consequences and sometimes those consequences are far more severe than you expect.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM
If you still have the old one bookmarked, it will still show like it used to. Or if someone sends you a link using the old style it will open as such.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is there an option to still use the old style????? why was I not told about this?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smcclure2005
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:02 AM

No in my opinion it would not be wrong for you the parent to teach her a lesson ....being that next year if she tried that with anyone she would go to jail not juvy. I hit my mom when I was 17 and the next month I was going to be 18...however due to thinking I could hit my mom I was charged with battery and was sent to Indiana Girls School....I turned 18 in Girl's School and stayed there for 6 months. It did not have anything to do with my adult record since I was 17 when charged. I learned that I cannot just get pissed and hit anyone and in my opinion I say press charges. Will it be easy NO but will she learn... I know that I did and I am glad that I was taught as a minor then an adult because I do not want to go to jail ever. Good Luck hun

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM

You should call the police. She should be arrested and you should press charges. She had no right to put her hands on you. Lucky for you, you were able to control her w/out her hurting you. This could have been way worse if you did not have the training to deal with this type of matter. If she was my daughter she would be begging the police to get me off of her. The nerve of kids these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)