Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The man I want better make $200000 per year

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM
  • 72 Replies
2 moms liked this

I heard this on the radio the other day!

That women want their potential spouse to make at least $200,000 per year. Whatever happened to finding true love? Are we really turning in to that shallow of a country that a paycheck is what makes or breaks a relationship??

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiffs2009
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Its too sad but yes, I believe a large part if the country basis their relationships off of money
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Whisperywind
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Bumper!

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM

So sad. I was reading an article a while about which suggests that people are checking their potential dates credit scores before meeting them! WTF? I mean, yes, it does affect you when you get married, but letting that determine whether or not you'll even date someone? That's bananas to me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I always knew i couldn't live struggling financially. I never dated poor guys, I was simply not atracted to them. I fell in love with my husband because I only dated well-off men. I am very happily married and have no financial worries at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Sad but true. My own mother, flat out right in front of dh said "why not go to a country club and meet a doctor or a lawyer, at least they could financially provide for you and the kids. Screw love, it's not needed, but money is" I stood there in shock for a moment, because she was %100 serious too.

Dh and I aren't living any high life; but our home and kids are provided for, we love each other and the kids are surrounded in love and care. That's all I want, someone to love and accept me and my children. Dh does, and for that, I love.
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I love my husband...and we're poor, and started off poor. Not poor enough to be on foodstamps, and stuff, but, just above that, lol. We make it work. Money doesn't matter to me, and honestly, if he made $200,000 a year, we would have no idea what to do with it.

Whisperywind
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I have seen that too. Soooo glad I am not in this era for dating and hope I never will be again!

Quoting Superlaura328:

So sad. I was reading an article a while about which suggests that people are checking their potential dates credit scores before meeting them! WTF? I mean, yes, it does affect you when you get married, but letting that determine whether or not you'll even date someone? That's bananas to me. 

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Why wouldn't you want to find love with someone who is financially secure for now and future? Why can't you shoot for finding love with someone with money? It's called having standards for your future partner. Doesn't mean it'll happen that women find the men with money but they can still hope for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Sad, yet true.

I've heard women with their laundry list of "must-have's" in a guy and oftentimes they are unrealistic and they end up passing up great guys that they actually like because they don't fit all of their criteria. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

turning into that shallow of a country? the concept of marrying for love is actually fairly new in human history. finances are not my top priority but i wouldn't marry a man that had no financial stability either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)