Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're on FS does that mean you're poor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read in another post that just because you're on FS doesn't mean you're poor.  IMO if you can't afford a basic neccesity you're poor.  Not being mean that's just the way it is.  You can only get FS if you make under a certain amount, if it weren't based on income then they would give them to everyone, right?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM
If you need food stamps, yes you are poor. I don't understand how someone could need assistance and claim not to be poor?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

the govt. doesn't see whats in my savings and retirements accounts thank goodness! Right now I lost my job and took one paying less but I still have my savings and retirement account going.  Hopefully w/ in the next year ill get a better paying one. Im glad they don't look and I haven't been forced to clear everything out.

Quoting TSNDDY:

If you need food stamps, yes you are poor. I don't understand how someone could need assistance and claim not to be poor?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, it depends on your definition or "poor".  There are people that make rent, bills, but have ltitle left over for food and other things, and FS helps them quite a bit.  

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, uh, the income cap for FS for a family of 4 is around $29,000. No matter how you look at it, thats poor.

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:02 PM
I agree.

Quoting wkukid:

Yes you are poor. If you can't feed your own kids you are poor.

ShanesMommy2012
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm on them and we're broke as a joke. So, yeah.

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this
So you don't need assistance but use it anyways..

Quoting Anonymous:

the govt. doesn't see whats in my savings and retirements accounts thank goodness! Right now I lost my job and took one paying less but I still have my savings and retirement account going.  Hopefully w/ in the next year ill get a better paying one. Im glad they don't look and I haven't been forced to clear everything out.

Quoting TSNDDY:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
What about someone who loses their job after 20 yrs because a small business closes? Are they poor? No. They're low income. Shit happens. People need help sometimes.

For anyone that has never needed help, good for you. It sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this
You are supposed to report how much you have in savings. If you have a bank account, they need to know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TSNDDY:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)