Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're on FS does that mean you're poor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read in another post that just because you're on FS doesn't mean you're poor.  IMO if you can't afford a basic neccesity you're poor.  Not being mean that's just the way it is.  You can only get FS if you make under a certain amount, if it weren't based on income then they would give them to everyone, right?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (241-250):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:22 PM
You obviously care or you would not have posted. You are quite pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol and I care because? Y'all are the ones so worried about everyone elses life, I'm not.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Well I don't believe you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope not lying.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I think you are either lying about receiving fs or lying about what you have just to rile these women up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've got that too. I have a partnership and government can't touch that and I have a 529 for my child, and I own my home and car. I'm set

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Those things mean nothing. A good amount in savings, retirement, and investments. Owning a home, having college funds for your kids. That means something.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool story bro. Coach is my fav store, my son wears all namebrand and I own like 15 different LV bags. I never wear anything but name brand(: I'm not poor at all. Ha ha

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok you're right woo hoo....sarcasm...... Just leave it alone I get fs oh well everyone needs to start thinking about all the criminals in jail that are getting our hard earned money, they get three meals a day and have clothes on their backs and sonewhere to sleep....yup guess what you're paying for that also. Guess what they don't work and sit on their asses getting the life with your money. Everyone needs to get off this subject. I'm not poor, I make good money just needed help I only get 150 a month on fs. That's like everyone on here is laughing at someone with disabilities, it's wrong and NONE of anyones business.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

No not really it's based on living expenses also, not everyone pays same rent and makes the same amount of money. It's GOVERNMENT.

The exemptions are also federal.  The amounts will vary (based on your details), but the states do not get to make their own rules.

And yes, its the federal government.  *claps*

Actually, you ARE poor.  People who aren't poor don't get FS (unless they're foster parents).

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM
You obviously care more than I do. Lol you'll reply to this and I'll win ha ha.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

You obviously care or you would not have posted. You are quite pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol and I care because? Y'all are the ones so worried about everyone elses life, I'm not.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Well I don't believe you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope not lying.

Quoting lovinglife0682:

I think you are either lying about receiving fs or lying about what you have just to rile these women up.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've got that too. I have a partnership and government can't touch that and I have a 529 for my child, and I own my home and car. I'm set

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Those things mean nothing. A good amount in savings, retirement, and investments. Owning a home, having college funds for your kids. That means something.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cool story bro. Coach is my fav store, my son wears all namebrand and I own like 15 different LV bags. I never wear anything but name brand(: I'm not poor at all. Ha ha

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok you're right woo hoo....sarcasm...... Just leave it alone I get fs oh well everyone needs to start thinking about all the criminals in jail that are getting our hard earned money, they get three meals a day and have clothes on their backs and sonewhere to sleep....yup guess what you're paying for that also. Guess what they don't work and sit on their asses getting the life with your money. Everyone needs to get off this subject. I'm not poor, I make good money just needed help I only get 150 a month on fs. That's like everyone on here is laughing at someone with disabilities, it's wrong and NONE of anyones business.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Quoting Anonymous:

No not really it's based on living expenses also, not everyone pays same rent and makes the same amount of money. It's GOVERNMENT.

The exemptions are also federal.  The amounts will vary (based on your details), but the states do not get to make their own rules.

And yes, its the federal government.  *claps*

Actually, you ARE poor.  People who aren't poor don't get FS (unless they're foster parents).

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Maybe not in all states. In PA, mine did, along with a small monthly stipend since they had more than 4 foster kids at a time, my mom only worked 1 day a week so she could deal with kid stuff the rest of the time. We also automatically got Medicaid. They didn't do foster for long though, they adopted 3 of us, and they decided enough was enough.

Quoting bellawomen:

Foster parents get food stamps now? Being serious? When I was in foster care, my various parents got a payment via check for every day I was there. I don't know how often they got paid though, but it was a certain amount per day.

Quoting AHmom103:

Eh, not really. Some people on food stamps are foster parents, who automatically receive some fs for the foster kids. I've also seen some who receive fs because they personally don't have an income, but they live in a household with a decent income so they aren't really poor. My bil receives food stamps with his ssi because he lives with his mom and dad, even though his mom makes plenty of money. Then, of course, I also know people who make less than the income requirements for fs but do not use it, who live quite well, just by being smart with the money they do make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

below poverty

Anonymous
by Anonymous 45 on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Omg I love meatloaf and soup too!damn it I didnt know shopping at walmart meant your poor!wth I didnt get the memo!lol I think we arejust frugal :)

Quoting cmabbott:

DH makes too much for us to be on FS, we can provide food, but by CafeMom standards yes I'm poor because we shop at Walmart and eat meatloaf and like soup!

beatlelovermom
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Oh shut up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Probably the issue is that we use the same words to describe financial statuses and social classes, and people don't want to be considered to be in a lower social class than they think they belong in. 

allprinces
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Im not saying your poor but there is an income limit for SSI, if you make to much they don't give it to you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get can get food stamps bases on the fact that my kid gets ssi. 

I am working and able to pay my bills but because of her new medical expenses. I take what I can gety right now, doesnt mean that I am poor. 

I have my own house, my own car, and nice stuff. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
phoebe81
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Yes, technically you are poor. However, we are on FS and I have to say that I don't "feel" poor. I know there are things I can't buy and I know I have to be frugal and I wish I could give my kids everything they want but...

I feel blessed. I don't feel we lack anything. We have a roof over our head, food to eat and our health. We have each other and we have hope for a better financial future.

illinoismommy83
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:09 AM

A lot of poor people like to pretend they aren't poor to feel better about themselves. "I'm not poor, I just can't afford to feed my own kids!" Lol? Obviously everyone on food stamps is either poor or scamming the government. There is no way to get on food stamps without being dirt poor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN