Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you're on FS does that mean you're poor?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just read in another post that just because you're on FS doesn't mean you're poor.  IMO if you can't afford a basic neccesity you're poor.  Not being mean that's just the way it is.  You can only get FS if you make under a certain amount, if it weren't based on income then they would give them to everyone, right?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Quoting wkukid:

Yes you are poor. If you can't feed your own kids you are poor.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RoyalT26
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting wkukid:

Yes you are poor. If you can't feed your own kids you are poor.

this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol if making 3000 a month is poor, then I guess so. I'm on them bc I'm a single mom I make 40 less than 3000 and I qulify.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM

You have to be super poor to get FS.  I tried to get them a few years ago and was denied because I made too much.  At the time, I only made about $25K per year with 2 kids!

Master_Debater
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Probably a little full of shit, but yeah nowadays, they always find everything out.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that "they" found out about an already closed bank account and asked where that money went.  I think she's either full of shit or she's going to be caught.

Quoting Master_Debater:

They're find out anyway w/o her saying anything. Everything's computerized now. They knew I had a job and where before I got a chance to report it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are supposed to report how much you have in savings. If you have a bank account, they need to know.

Quoting Anonymous:

the govt. doesn't see whats in my savings and retirements accounts thank goodness! Right now I lost my job and took one paying less but I still have my savings and retirement account going.  Hopefully w/ in the next year ill get a better paying one. Im glad they don't look and I haven't been forced to clear everything out.

Quoting TSNDDY:

If you need food stamps, yes you are poor. I don't understand how someone could need assistance and claim not to be poor?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjenkins8208
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Quoting littlelamb303:

Thank you. I understand the abuse of the system, but there are a lot more people that actually need it than there are people who abuse it. Maybe instead of taking it away there need to be stricter regulations.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM

um, yes that does mean you are poor. If you can't afford to feed your family, then you are poor. LOL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol of making 3000 a month is poor, then I guess so. I'm on them bc I'm a single mom I make 40 less than 3000 and I qulify.

your spelling and grammar is awful and I could barely understand what you were trying to say, BUT, if you do make that much, you are abusing the system(unless you have 10 kids)

mommybug77
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

her spelling and grammar is awful huh?!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:31 PM

If you meet the income line for FS..then I'd say you are.

I mean...we are shit broke...all the time, but we make too much money to qualify for FS. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)