Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im am just wondering what you ladies really think....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About Muslims? 

Been wondering this for a while now.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
mamamona
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I think we're awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I think they're just like everyone else. However, I dont think you should call yourself Muslim unless you follow the Qur'an in its entirety, and the Qur'an in its entirety is horrible.

Have you even read the Quran in its entirety?

Yes.

IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM

They're people...just like everyone else. Some are good, some are bad......just like with every other race, religon, however else you want to group people. 

marissa615
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Islam teaches men to respect and treat woman well. To protect them and take care of them. Wome have more power and rights then most people think. Alot of cultures get blurred and people think it's Islamic, it's not. Inever knew this until I started to study Islam and eventually became a Muslim. I am proud to be Muslim.

Quoting Anonymous:

they kinda scare me, i dont like they way women are treated, but i dont know much about the culture

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I think they are wonderful people!  (the ones I have met) The hijab (sp) That the women wear can be very pretty!  

jupiter5
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:38 PM

=[ what is the religeon in america like?

Quoting Anonymous:

yes in the middle east (saudia) they are a bit more miss treated then say in India or Pakistan.  Its all good

Quoting jupiter5:

good, i may just be thinking of the laws in the middle east not the religeon, i dont know enough about it to say anything, i usually dont but this lady asked... *shrugs*

Quoting Anonymous:

The women I know are not mis treated at all.  

Quoting Anonymous:

they kinda scare me, i dont like they way women are treated, but i dont know much about the culture

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

What do I think of Muslims?

I think they are members, to one degree or another, of one of the major religions of the world.

That's it.   That's all I CAN think, without getting to know the individual person, and what they are like.

I've met Muslims who were quite strict in their practice of the religion (praying 5x a day, keeping halal, reading scripture, going to mosque, etc) and others who were more relaxed about it.   I've met women who were quite diligent about coverings, and others who weren't.   Met women who were educated, professional, and those who were stay at home moms and had no desire to work outside the home.

As far as I can see Muslims are just as diverse in practice, belief and lifestyle, as Christians are.

Mcelly
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
I think they are great people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM

lol I wont fight /w you b/c you have an opinion.   I do find it funny one of your reason is  b/c they smell.  Here is a bit of info on what could be the reason why.  Muslims are not suppose to drink alcohol so some go extreme and wont use things like  deodorant b/c it has it in there.  That could be a reason why they smell. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't agree with their religion, Im not ok with the way women are treated. A lot of idian/iran/iraq ppl smell funny. Im aware my opinion may not be right or popular, but it's my opinion, and I'm kind of a bitch, so it is what it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

in general not a fan, but there's some good ones

Okay, but why are you not.

tristahope
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Quoting itsallabtthem84:

They are humans just like everyone else in the world.

I AGREE!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN