Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im am just wondering what you ladies really think....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

About Muslims? 

Been wondering this for a while now.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:41 PM

my husband loves me..he brings me gifts on occasion, does the housework and cooking on weekends and is a WONDERFUL father and my best friend. we are Muslim, they are required to protect us.

Quoting Anonymous:

they kinda scare me, i dont like they way women are treated, but i dont know much about the culture

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Quoting lancet98:

What do I think of Muslims?

I think they are members, to one degree or another, of one of the major religions of the world.

That's it.   That's all I CAN think, without getting to know the individual person, and what they are like.

I've met Muslims who were quite strict in their practice of the religion (praying 5x a day, keeping halal, reading scripture, going to mosque, etc) and others who were more relaxed about it.   I've met women who were quite diligent about coverings, and others who weren't.   Met women who were educated, professional, and those who were stay at home moms and had no desire to work outside the home.

As far as I can see Muslims are just as diverse in practice, belief and lifestyle, as Christians are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

they are people, some are fucknuts and some are fab.

jupiter5
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:42 PM

see that is an awesome rule that i didnt know about! how great =]

Quoting Anonymous:

my husband loves me..he brings me gifts on occasion, does the housework and cooking on weekends and is a WONDERFUL father and my best friend. we are Muslim, they are required to protect us.

Quoting Anonymous:

they kinda scare me, i dont like they way women are treated, but i dont know much about the culture

godsgirl26
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Quoting brettsmomma:

they are just like me. human. there are good ones and bad ones.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

wonderful.   That is an awesome man!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Nothing.  I don't care what religion someone is, or if, like me, they have none at all.

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I have met a great many Muslims, none of them smelled.   The Koran actually has quite a bit in there about cleanliness, I believe.

I'm afraid I don't know anyone who I am aware of who uses 'regular' deodorant or antipersperant of any religion - most of the people I know well enough to have any idea of that, are disgusted by all the chemicals in them and don't buy them.   Washing frequently is a fine substitute and removes all body odor.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol I wont fight /w you b/c you have an opinion.   I do find it funny one of your reason is  b/c they smell.  Here is a bit of info on what could be the reason why.  Muslims are not suppose to drink alcohol so some go extreme and wont use things like  deodorant b/c it has it in there.  That could be a reason why they smell. 

428pm
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM

don't care.  I dont like extremists of any kind.  ANd I do think those who choose niqabs (sp?) should remove them in certain situations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:44 PM

I think we are too!!!

Quoting mamamona:

I think we're awesome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN