Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

They just forecast snow for North Carolina! WoooooHoooooo! I want to dance in it!!! Here's hoping lol!

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Every time it calls for snow here it seems we lose power for a week. :( There will be no bread or milk at any of the stores by noon tomorrow either. LOL We have a generator but I don't like having to drag it out. Plus with the cost of gas it's a huge expense to keep it running.

Quoting ColleenF30:

The power loss worries me. I noticed the snow is rather dry down here. I feel for anyone that will be on the roads with the ice. I prefer snow or rain...sleet isn't so bad cause it is just ice pellets. Freezing rain...hell to the no. Last time I had freezing rain living in ohio we had no power for 4 days and it was below 0. Nuh uh...not again.

Quoting bmw29:

True but they are calling for rain/snow and sleet tomorrow night. If we get anything it will not be the pretty, fluffy, white stuff. It so very rarely ever is. We haven't had a straight up snow here in years. I don't want to have to deal with power loss or any of the mess that comes with it.

Quoting ColleenF30:

It's not like it stays long. (best I have seen down here so far was Dec 26, 2010...8" in newton grove NC) Better than freezing rain you gotta admit!

Quoting bmw29:

NOT FUNNY!!!!!!! I'm doing the anti-snow dance. :/ I don't need no stinking snow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Yep, we have snow from about October/November to February/March. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Raleigh...I am hoping for the grass to be covered. It's been a couple years since I have seen snow. Just no freezing rain. I have noticed if they forecast it...usually doesn't happen.

Quoting Dorra:

Where are you located? We are in Waynesville. I cannot wait to get snow here. The youngens don't believe it's winter. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

they are calling for snow for us too.i live in the north georgia mountains.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Ugh...now that isn't fair...and they clear the stores in Ohio too. Threaten an inch and everyone up there thinks it is the end of the world.

Quoting bmw29:

Every time it calls for snow here it seems we lose power for a week. :( There will be no bread or milk at any of the stores by noon tomorrow either. LOL We have a generator but I don't like having to drag it out. Plus with the cost of gas it's a huge expense to keep it running.

Quoting ColleenF30:

The power loss worries me. I noticed the snow is rather dry down here. I feel for anyone that will be on the roads with the ice. I prefer snow or rain...sleet isn't so bad cause it is just ice pellets. Freezing rain...hell to the no. Last time I had freezing rain living in ohio we had no power for 4 days and it was below 0. Nuh uh...not again.

Quoting bmw29:

True but they are calling for rain/snow and sleet tomorrow night. If we get anything it will not be the pretty, fluffy, white stuff. It so very rarely ever is. We haven't had a straight up snow here in years. I don't want to have to deal with power loss or any of the mess that comes with it.

Quoting ColleenF30:

It's not like it stays long. (best I have seen down here so far was Dec 26, 2010...8" in newton grove NC) Better than freezing rain you gotta admit!

Quoting bmw29:

NOT FUNNY!!!!!!! I'm doing the anti-snow dance. :/ I don't need no stinking snow.

overweightmommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Lucky. I wish we would get snow here... but we're within 45 mins of the coast in TX... so, yeah, probably not happening this year. Lol. It's been a pretty warm "winter". 

sadiebug1228
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:01 PM
It doesn't snow in Louisiana lol it occasionally ices but never snow :( I miss living in North Carolina!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mygirls2012
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Quoting ColleenF30:

They just forecast snow for North Carolina! WoooooHoooooo! I want to dance in it!!! Here's hoping lol!

Lol yes you are about 3 hours from me we are supposed to just get rain i believe.. and yes stay home i heard nobody leaves when it snows down here.. we had a 1 hour delay due to fog this morning lol coming from CT that never happens there.. and you have to have alot of snow for a cancelation there..

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:03 PM

yay. I've had snow since October and its not going to go away until the beginning of may. I want summer

MagicTemptation
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Im in south Louisiana and we are suppose to get some tonight! WTF!?! I live in the south for a reason. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)