Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who gets rid of their dog

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
  • 33 Replies
hypothetical situation

four people in an apartment building. over the summer, people in apartment 3, who have lived in the building for two years, get a dog. its pretty fucking annoying and barks all the time but nobody complains too much because animal control doesn't do anything and the landlord doesn't do anything.

lady in apartment 2, who has ben living there for seven years, gets a dog this month. its also pretty fucking annoying.

but its unbearable with the dog upstairs. they bark at each other...all day.

apt 3's dog barks at nothing, apt 2's dog barks in response. apt 3's dog then continues barking.

to solve the problem, landlord says one of them has to get rid of their dogs...but doesn't specify who. he leaves them to work it out themselves.

*this is a hypothetical situation*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Let the dogs duke it out, yo.

I'm totally kidding. Anon, I don't condone dog fighting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wumbo
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Have them battle to the death.

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
i would say they should both get rid of their dogs, because they're irresponsible and don't take real measure to prevent the barking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
How about they train their dogs to quiet on command.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
The dog who has been there longer is grandfathered in.
autodidact
by Snarknado on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:14 PM

this asshole, for one: 
Florida Gov. Rick Scott finally admits he ditched rescue dog Reagan after winning election in 2010

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gov-admits-ditched-dog-election-article-1.1240626#ixzz2IBAuCakI

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM

This!  I have NEVER worked with a dog that I couldn't train to stop barking.  Some dogs will ALWAYS bark at triggers, but they can be trained to stop on command.  I have utilized treats, shock collars, citronella collars, and beeping collars before.  Sometimes one method doesn't work, so you try the other.  Sometimes it takes a combination.  But you can train a dog.

Also, the barking could be indicative of more deep-rooted problems.  An under stimulated dog who is bored out of their mind is prone to more barking just to have something to do.  Barking could be a sign of anxiety as well.  Dogs bark at other dogs to chat, basically.  Though the conversation is more along the lines of "This is my space."  "Oh, hi, this is my space over here."  "Ok, you stay there, I'll stay here."  "Nah, I'm gonna take your space!"  And so on...

These dog owners need to be aware of the needs of the breed and be able to meet them, or the problems won't resolve.  Even if you get rid of one dog, the other will likely bark if it isn't being taken proper care of and isn't being trained.

Quoting spooky415:

i would say they should both get rid of their dogs, because they're irresponsible and don't take real measure to prevent the barking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Is chocolate covered chicken bones an option? I kid of course I don't think the owners would eat it.

Both should rehouse their animals since both suck as owners. Or they could both be force to send their animal to be trained.
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM
my parents had one of their dogs debarked. but i mean, they'd been going on three years of behavior training, collars, clickers. i mean, fucking ANYTHING you can think of, they tried it. and they're experienced pet owners, very experienced with the breed.

so they had it done. she's still a nut case...but now she doesn't bother everyone, lol.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

This!  I have NEVER worked with a dog that I couldn't train to stop barking.  Some dogs will ALWAYS bark at triggers, but they can be trained to stop on command.  I have utilized treats, shock collars, citronella collars, and beeping collars before.  Sometimes one method doesn't work, so you try the other.  Sometimes it takes a combination.  But you can train a dog.

Also, the barking could be indicative of more deep-rooted problems.  An under stimulated dog who is bored out of their mind is prone to more barking just to have something to do.  Barking could be a sign of anxiety as well.  Dogs bark at other dogs to chat, basically.  Though the conversation is more along the lines of "This is my space."  "Oh, hi, this is my space over here."  "Ok, you stay there, I'll stay here."  "Nah, I'm gonna take your space!"  And so on...

These dog owners need to be aware of the needs of the breed and be able to meet them, or the problems won't resolve.  Even if you get rid of one dog, the other will likely bark if it isn't being taken proper care of and isn't being trained.

Quoting spooky415:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM
omg. my father used to say that all the time. he used to joke around with their mini sheltie and be like 'want some chocolate covered chicken bones, sassy?'

lol.

disclaimer: my dad would never actually feed that to a dog.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is chocolate covered chicken bones an option? I kid of course I don't think the owners would eat it.

Both should rehouse their animals since both suck as owners. Or they could both be force to send their animal to be trained.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured