Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Moms who got their "period" but were pregnant....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I put it in quotations bc I know technically it's not considered a period, just bleeding.

Anyway, if this has happened to you, please tell me about it!

My periods while irregular in the sense that they can go from 28 ~ 35 days have always had a regular flow. They ALWAYS come on with pink show and by days end is a regular semi heavy red flow. For 2 days I have to wear super absorbency tampons with a back up liner. Always have to get up and change those first few nights. Then it slows to a regular tampon for a day and then a lite by day 5 & day 6 just some irradic spotting. Day 7 it's gone. It is ALWAYS this way.

Well this period was way different. It started with brown show. By days end it was barely turning reddish. Was at work so put a regular tampon from the work stash in to be safe. Later that evening when I removed it, it was full but looked so much browner than normal. Over night and through day 2 it was a somewhat light red flow, as it is normally day 4. Day 3 my regular tampon wasn't even half absorbed. Night of day 3 it went away. All day on day 4 & 5 nothing. Had some red spotting evening day 5 that just required a liner. Overnight day 5 nothing and nothing since. Today would be day 7. So for it to br soo different and going MIA makes me think I COULD be pregnant?

Does this sound anything like bleeding any of you who were preg but bleed had????
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM

If in doubt, act pregnant, take a test.  Nobody can really answer this for you but a doctor or a test....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I didn't ask if I was pregnant

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

If in doubt, act pregnant, take a test.  Nobody can really answer this for you but a doctor or a test....

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:22 PM

So for it to br soo different and going MIA makes me think I COULD be pregnant?   Possibly, but only a test or doctor can say for sure.

Does this sound anything like bleeding any of you who were preg but bleed had???  No.  When I was pregnant and bleeding it was like a normal 3 day period, except with less clots and more bright red blood.

Bleeding is bleeding.  If it is irregular and making you worry, call the GYN.  If there is a chance you are pregnant, act pregnant until you know for sure.

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't ask if I was pregnant 
Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I am pretty sure this is what happened with my last pregnancy.  When I got my bfp in feb.  I assumed my lmp was Jan. 20 which put me due at the end of Oct.  I went in to the doc office and he did an ultrasound to confirm pregnancy and gave me an EDD of Nov. 3.  At each appointment after that baby always measured bigger than he should.  In September I started swelling really bad and was put in the hospital with pre-e.  Then I started contracting.  I was in and out of the hospital all of Sept with contractions.  At 33 weeks doc did another ultrasound(he was concerned we weren't gonna make it until 40 weeks) and the measurements all came back the he was full term.  Doc was confused as to how that could be and re did the math from my lmp and still got late October, early Nov. for my EDD.  After two more weeks of contracting and being in the hospital with my swelling and bp getting worse he decided to do an amnio to check babys lungs.  He told me that they look for the surfactant levels to be at least 55, mine came back as almost 80.  I had my csection the next day, and had a beautiful 8 pound 20 in baby boy.  He was 35 weeks when he was born.  I think that my lmp was wrong.  I don't think my baby was 5 weeks early because he has absolutely no problems and actually seemed more mature than my Daughter was who was full term.  If my Jan. period wasn't a "true period" my lmp would be dec. 25 which puts my EDD as Sept. 30.  My son was born on Oct. 1.   I don't remember my Jan. period being different from any other periods. The only thing I can remember that was different was it was just a few days early.  I am usually a 28 day cycle person and this one was only 26 days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)