Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prepaid Cell Phones

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 40 Replies
So I have been thinking of switching to a prepaid option. I can have an awesome phone and save like $60 for the hubs and I every month. Currently for unlimited everything I pay $150 for two lines. Prepaid will be between $40 and $50 for the same plans. I am afraid to forgo service though. Do you or anyone you know have a prepaid phone? How is the coverage? Customer service? Phone quality? Internet quality? What do you think of the prepaid option overall?
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I like metro PCS

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I like metro PCS

Where is that offered?
BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I have the cheapest phone from trackphone. It's a shitty ass phone, slow ass internet works 1/2 the time. But I use it for texting and calling and havent had any problems with that. Never had to call customer service. I pay $45/mo

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
My parents and husband have straight talk through walmart. It's like 40/mo. For unlimited everything. Reception and signal are great. y dad went across the country and it was great. The internet is a bit slow though.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

So I have been thinking of switching to a prepaid option. I can have an awesome phone and save like $60 for the hubs and I every month. Currently for unlimited everything I pay $150 for two lines. Prepaid will be between $40 and $50 for the same plans. I am afraid to forgo service though. Do you or anyone you know have a prepaid phone? How is the coverage? Customer service? Phone quality? Internet quality? What do you think of the prepaid option overall?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I've thought about this too, but I'm afraid of getting stuck with shitty service. 

428pm
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I love love love my phone.  Its a prepaid, I pay 27$ a month and the service is better than it was with fido, where I was paying 120$

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I have straight talk and it's 45 a month unlimited everything and i love it. 

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Quoting 428pm:

I love love love my phone.  Its a prepaid, I pay 27$ a month and the service is better than it was with fido, where I was paying 120$

What service do you go through?
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Quoting angelachristine:

I have straight talk and it's 45 a month unlimited everything and i love it. 

Do you have internet? Where do you live?
428pm
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM

public mobile, Im Canadian though, not sure if you have that

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting 428pm:

What service do you go through?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured