Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Prepaid Cell Phones

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
  • 40 Replies
So I have been thinking of switching to a prepaid option. I can have an awesome phone and save like $60 for the hubs and I every month. Currently for unlimited everything I pay $150 for two lines. Prepaid will be between $40 and $50 for the same plans. I am afraid to forgo service though. Do you or anyone you know have a prepaid phone? How is the coverage? Customer service? Phone quality? Internet quality? What do you think of the prepaid option overall?
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I like metro PCS

Lizard_Lina
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I like metro PCS

Where is that offered?
BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I have the cheapest phone from trackphone. It's a shitty ass phone, slow ass internet works 1/2 the time. But I use it for texting and calling and havent had any problems with that. Never had to call customer service. I pay $45/mo

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
My parents and husband have straight talk through walmart. It's like 40/mo. For unlimited everything. Reception and signal are great. y dad went across the country and it was great. The internet is a bit slow though.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

So I have been thinking of switching to a prepaid option. I can have an awesome phone and save like $60 for the hubs and I every month. Currently for unlimited everything I pay $150 for two lines. Prepaid will be between $40 and $50 for the same plans. I am afraid to forgo service though. Do you or anyone you know have a prepaid phone? How is the coverage? Customer service? Phone quality? Internet quality? What do you think of the prepaid option overall?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I've thought about this too, but I'm afraid of getting stuck with shitty service. 

428pm
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I love love love my phone.  Its a prepaid, I pay 27$ a month and the service is better than it was with fido, where I was paying 120$

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:31 PM

I have straight talk and it's 45 a month unlimited everything and i love it. 

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Lizard_Lina
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Quoting 428pm:

I love love love my phone. Β Its a prepaid, I pay 27$ a month and the service is better than it was with fido, where I was paying 120$

What service do you go through?
Lizard_Lina
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Quoting angelachristine:

I have straight talk and it's 45 a month unlimited everything and i love it.Β 

Do you have internet? Where do you live?
428pm
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:33 PM

public mobile, Im Canadian though, not sure if you have that

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Quoting 428pm:

I love love love my phone.  Its a prepaid, I pay 27$ a month and the service is better than it was with fido, where I was paying 120$

What service do you go through?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN