Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD?...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
....if you had young stepchildren (old enough to know better) who completely disrespected you, stole from you, never listened, left small things laying around for your toddler to pick up, and played with your toddler's toys but never bothered to pick them up when they finished playing with them?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I would sit down with DH and the stepchildren, set some ground rules and punishments for breaking those rules. I would also reward good behavior with little prizes or treats to help keep them motivated to behave better. If that still didn't work, I would try to talk to BM about how she disciplines the children and see if we can figure out what the source of the misbehavior is.

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:27 PM

How old?

LaceNBklyn
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Speak to dad about this, and if mom is in the picture speak with mom, dad and kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:28 PM
i have done all of those things :( even taken their favorite toy/Gadgets away. Nothing seems to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
I'm allowed to punish SS, I am firm with him like I am my own kids. I will tell him that is not going to fly with me and he gets the idea. He is a sweet heart though and loves me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:40 PM
one will be 8 in April and the other is 9.

Quoting bullemhead:

How old?

pudgepocalypse
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Punish as I see fit. I have that ability, Dh and bm don't mind.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM
i punish them as far as time-outs, writing sentences, taking stuff away, no tv, etc. but they dont seem to care about it. its funny cause they say they love me, but they are so disrespectful i dont feel like they do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm allowed to punish SS, I am firm with him like I am my own kids. I will tell him that is not going to fly with me and he gets the idea. He is a sweet heart though and loves me.
bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:46 PM

They are old enough to know better but be careful. They may be doing this as an attention getter or simply to get YOUR attention. Don't overreact. There may be some normal jealousy of their 1/2 sibling.Time out and loss of privileges might work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bullemhead:

How old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM
i have thought of the attention thing too, and the only jealousy of dd is when their dad is around.

Quoting bullemhead:

They are old enough to know better but be careful. They may be doing this as an attention getter or simply to get YOUR attention. Don't overreact. There may be some normal jealousy of their 1/2 sibling.Time out and loss of privileges might work.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting bullemhead:

How old?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured