Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you consider yourself "average" looking? * Just to be clear - I do consider average to be pretty

Posted by   + Show Post

and if so is there anything wrong with that?

I understand people wanting to look their best. But there seem to be some people that are not happy with how they look...even though they are not unattractive. They are simply "average" looking.

I personally don't think "average" looking is bad at all. I am average looking imo. I accept the fact that some people find me above average...some people find me below average.

There are times where I do feel lilke I look far beyond avergae and days I look so below average I shouldn't leave the house.

However on a daily basis I think I am average looking. 

I am not ugly, I don't make babies cry and old ladies clutch their purses....I also don't have women staring daggers of jealously at me and men following me around like puppies. I think for the most part people say, "that is a nice looking lady" and that is if they notice me at all.

I try to look my best everyday and I am comfortable with that. How about you? Let me add there is nothing at all wrong with feeling you look above average (I honestly wish I did more often).

***just to be clear I do consider average to be pretty....not drop dead gorgeous...but pretty.

This is average me (with short hair and no make-up)-

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Nope I feel like I have a lot of work to do to look average. I have never thought I was pretty
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I was pretty when I was younger, but never the prettiest girl in the room.  Now that I'm older, I'm pretty average - but I'm good with that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
You are very pretty. In all the photos I have seen of you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel average.

kidlover2
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
On a scale of 1-10, I give myself a 3 1/2
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I would say average!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fraujones
by Mommytron on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM
I think I'm average. Looks mattered to me more when I was younger. Now I'm just happy that DH says I'm sexy and it's nice to hear a compliment now and then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I consider myself average.  I am okay with that. 

catrig
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I yam what I yam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Better than average!! FTW!! Woo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hddcooper
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I don't know, Scarlett is pretty darn hot ;-)

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Don't know. Everyone tells me I look like Scarlett Johannsen and I'm like no way lol, but it's been going on since I was a kid and first watched Horse Whisperer. So I guess I'm pretty. I don't really stare at myself in the mirror like oh yeah now that's one fine bitch or anything like that lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)