Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

am i the only mother who...

Pulls a knife out if her pocket to sharpen her kids pencils??

Lol.. I only ask because i did it the other day in front of some other moms and they gave me this wtf look... I grew up sharpening my pencils this way, so i see it as normal..

Anyone else or am i a weirdo??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamaMoopsie
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My father still does that but I don't even own a pocket knife. lol

HaveFaith1215
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I do that too. My dad always sharpened my pencils this way, so I always thought it was normal. 

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM
that seems odd and scary
mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Ahhh i see!! I would not pull a knife out around a bunch of kids to sharpen a pencil. Good call in keeping one in your pocket. Lol

Quoting Pnukey:

I'm a teacher and it seems that none of the students ever have a sharp pencil, so they're always asking for my pencil sharpener, so I just leave one of the hand-held ones in my pocket. It's an occupational hazard. My pocket contents are quite interesting some days.

Quoting mcclainprincess:

But... Why would you have a pencil sharpener in your pocket? Lol

Quoting Pnukey:

I usually have a pencil sharpener in my pocket, not a knife.

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM

nope I use a pencil sharpener.....I'd probably cut myself if I used a knife...lol

adhaodd1child
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I did that growing up and still do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

i carry a knife on me sooo yeah i prob would too...and usually im in heels and a cute dress so when i whip that big boy out my friends are like 'whooooaaah what?' lol. i may be  cute but ill stick ya ;P

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Do not use all caps on the internet because it is shouting. All caps is considered shouting on the internet. Shouting is not polite. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps on the internet because shouting is not polite.

Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

IT WAS DONE LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS YOUNG. I USED TO DO IT TOO. AND ILL PROB DO IT WHEN MY SON STARTS SCHOOL.

LOLOSMOMMY11
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM

THANKS FOR THE LECTURE. LIKE I SAID DONT WORRY ABOUT HOW IM TYPING. BEING NOSY IS NOT POLITE EITHER.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do not use all caps on the internet because it is shouting. All caps is considered shouting on the internet. Shouting is not polite. Therefore, it is bad netiquette to use all caps on the internet because shouting is not polite.

Quoting LOLOSMOMMY11:

IT WAS DONE LIKE THAT WHEN I WAS YOUNG. I USED TO DO IT TOO. AND ILL PROB DO IT WHEN MY SON STARTS SCHOOL.

pampire
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

My So will do that.  I wouldn't becasue I am not coordinated enough to do that safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)