Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You spent what?!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 44 Replies

How much money did you spend on your most recent baby before they were born? What all did that entail? I'm expected to go into labor at anytime and my last baby was 5 years ago so I'm really starting to wonder what is "average" spending for babe? I'm trying to get everything ordered/bought .... Carseat, stroller, crib.... You know, everything.

what did it all cost you?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
4 moms liked this

ha. after my first shit was cheap. thats what you get for having 3 girls in 5 years. lol

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I had my big ticket items given as gifts. I spent money on diapers, some clothing, and DR co pays back then.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kool_Aide
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Oh geez, a lot. We bought a crib, whole bedroom theme, carseat, strollers, pack n" play, tons of gear.....

we probably spent close to 12-15k

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I spent thousands each on the last two, even with showers, my first one I spent a couple of hundred dollars max.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I probably spent 5 or 6k. It was my first tho, and I went a little overboard... This time around I will probably spend 1500 for the basics
Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Same, only I had four girls in that amount of time. I haven't had to buy hardly anything.

Quoting Anonymous:

ha. after my first shit was cheap. thats what you get for having 3 girls in 5 years. lol

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM
All we needed to get was a car seat and stroller with our last one. We still had clothing from the first 2 (one of each) so we were good for either gender. I think it was about $200.
WithHope
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:59 PM
My 1st I spent a lot. I was young and my friends didn't have kids so there weren't a lot of "hand me downs" coming my way. My second is a year and half younger than both my god sons so other than a crib and a swing we had everything given to us. Our third we purchased a rock and play (best thing ever) a double stroller and an outfit for our little man to wear home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:01 PM

for our  thrid we bought  mostly  used items from dav. goodwill craigslist and pent  295 on everything  crib,clothes,carseat/stroller combo all that most ws used and  some was new  like  carseat and baby  bed mattress and  on my  baby  bed  i only  paid  50 for it  off craiglist and it was brandnew never  used so check out  used stores and craigslist  and  it  can help cut  down the cost  unless you want everything new

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM

We had to buy everything times 2! (twins) We spent a lot. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)