Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a successful trip to the doctor, or, "How fucked up am I?"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

after suffering with a migraine for almost a week, taking my relpax as prescribed until I ran out of a 2 month supply, seeing my chiropractor and massage therapist with no long-term relief, and trying other homeopathic remedies, I broke down and went to the doc. 

whoo hoo, should have done that a few days ago.  she gave me a nice prescription for some awesome meds, which she told me to take round-the-clock for 24 hours, with two doses as the initial dose.  that's some good shit!

don't worry, the kids were at grandma's until I saw how it was going to effect me, and I'm at the single dose stage so they'll be home soon. 

oooh, and then since the relpax has a habit of locking my neck up she told me to take muscle relaxers for 24 hours after the migraine was completely gone and I'd finished my fioricet day.  betcha I won't yell at the kids for at least 48 hours!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I like the fioricets!

kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

But....did she find out what's wrong with you and why you get the migraines?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I get one almost every month when I get my cycle, 90% of them are hormone driven.  I only have one this bad every 5 years or so (she looked, and the last time was January 08).  I should have bitten the bullet and seen her earlier instead of hoping it would go away, but I really didn't want to go the narcotics route since I couldn't remember how hard this one hit me.  not as bad as I thought it might be, I don't see any problem getting up with one of the kids if they need to go potty so it's all good.

I've had migraines since I was 12, they've done the CT scans, MRI's, nothing out of the ordinary.  and usually the relpax works, though I've been on it for several years now and it might be time to cycle back through the other triptans.

Quoting kjoarcik:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

it's actually even better than that, it's fioricet with codeine.  I think the 60 she gave me should last for the next three years or so.  lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I like the fioricets!

jendawgrox2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

it's actually even better than that, it's fioricet with codeine.  I think the 60 she gave me should last for the next three years or so.  lol

Yes, that is what I have, too. Good for when Aunt Flo comes to town.

kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Ahh..okay. Well, I'm glad the doctor was able to get you something to help.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get one almost every month when I get my cycle, 90% of them are hormone driven.  I only have one this bad every 5 years or so (she looked, and the last time was January 08).  I should have bitten the bullet and seen her earlier instead of hoping it would go away, but I really didn't want to go the narcotics route since I couldn't remember how hard this one hit me.  not as bad as I thought it might be, I don't see any problem getting up with one of the kids if they need to go potty so it's all good.

I've had migraines since I was 12, they've done the CT scans, MRI's, nothing out of the ordinary.  and usually the relpax works, though I've been on it for several years now and it might be time to cycle back through the other triptans.

Quoting kjoarcik:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured