Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

boring children books

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Have you read any to your kids and just thought oh god why?!?!?

I read a new one we got today. It was aboutvtgs guy who found a bunch of books from a flying woman and he cared for her books putting writing his own book off. He did this for years until he became a old man. He finally finished writing his book. Told the books he cared for goodbye then he turned into a flying man.the book ends with a little girl finding the books and reading them and the book ends with and our story ends where it began.

I get the point it was making but it wasn't that great.

I think I will push that one to the back for awhile.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brittany208
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Oh my goodness! We read a HORRIBLE one. It was a really old little kids book about a fireman who went to put out a fire. While the house is on fire, all the people are running inside to get the furniture out... The fireman uses an ax to chop up the roof (not sure if this is safe--wouldn't that let more oxygen in?) And the second the fire is out, the fireman says: Okay, move all your stuff back in!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
There was another one my son was like o_O it was about a mouse who became a astronaut because he saved a key to fix the space ship. Lol
AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

LOL I know its a random reply but that is called ventilation, and is actually needed to be done in most structural fires to prevent backdrafts, flashovers and such for firefighters inside fighting the fire. 

Quoting brittany208:

Oh my goodness! We read a HORRIBLE one. It was a really old little kids book about a fireman who went to put out a fire. While the house is on fire, all the people are running inside to get the furniture out... The fireman uses an ax to chop up the roof (not sure if this is safe--wouldn't that let more oxygen in?) And the second the fire is out, the fireman says: Okay, move all your stuff back in!

Fire13Life

brittany208
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Okay, good to know. That one I wasn't sure about. But I KNOW the family shouldn't have been running in and out to get their furniture, or taking everything right back in the second the fireman said "all done!" Yeah, we only read that book once, then returned it to the library.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

LOL I know its a random reply but that is called ventilation, and is actually needed to be done in most structural fires to prevent backdrafts, flashovers and such for firefighters inside fighting the fire. 

Quoting brittany208:

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

lol most definitely should not have been running back in there, definitely not something that should be put in a childs book by any means.

Quoting brittany208:

Okay, good to know. That one I wasn't sure about. But I KNOW the family shouldn't have been running in and out to get their furniture, or taking everything right back in the second the fireman said "all done!" Yeah, we only read that book once, then returned it to the library.

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Quoting brittany208:

Fire13Life

Destiny907
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Yes, I don't like ALL the kid's books out.   I can't stand some of them, I don't buy them or get them out of the library for them...

Ever See the "NO david" books?  My sister gave me a pile of books and that one was in there and the kids here looked at it and thought the same thing I did- WHY did the artist HAVE to make the kid look some demented pumpkin head freak?

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM

lol. hah with my 1st i always managed to avoid those. He has good taste. He loved everything that i wanted him too... we did hungry caterpillar and then we were obcessed with where the wild things then over in the meadow (good ones) are and his tates really got better with time. my 2nd became addicted to Dr. Suess's Sam and the Firefly... generally i love SUess but that book really is pointless and we read it every day and night...... terrible. im talking like 4x's a day-lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)