Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Overwhelmed.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Last thing I need is to be bashed but I am sure some people will.

Needed to just vent a little bit.

Been extremely overwhelmed and it is getting hard to not turn to old coping mechanisms.
I struggle with self harm. I have since I was 7 years old. I haven't hurt myself in over a year, I have also been clean for over 2 years. I am proud of that, I really am.

I keep finding myself wanting to cut again. I have been fighting it for the past 2 months, I don't know how much longer I can fight this. Drugs are not an option, at all. I have 2 beautiful girls who are 4 years old and 4 moths old, I have a great husband too but our relationship has been under a lot of stress. One problem, we live with his crazy parents. We have been saving for our own place and found a place. Now we just have to wait till the middle of feb to move in. I look forward to that so much, I just hope things get better when we are in our own home.

I just feel so alone even though I am in a house full of people.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JNLmomme09
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Totally get it. Congratulations on being clean. You need to hold on and hang in there Your little girls need you and deserve to see you happy Look at all you have accomplished already.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

1-800-366-8288

Hotline for 24 hour help to keep you from cutting.

Get into some therapy.  Good luck

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

oh don't hurt yourself :( 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Thanks.

Quoting JNLmomme09:

Totally get it. Congratulations on being clean. You need to hold on and hang in there Your little girls need you and deserve to see you happy Look at all you have accomplished already.

k1kelley
by Kim on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Hang in there, you can do it! Big hugs and prayers!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Could you "harm" yourself in a healthy way? Go for a run, don't come home again until you feel like you could not take another step. It's amazing how exerize can affect your mood. Congratulations on being clean and not cutting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Don't do it. Your girls need you. The mom above me is right: can you go running? Running helps you emotionally, as well. Your girls would be horrified to see you with "boo boos."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)