Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you judge a formula feeder?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 363 Replies

I was approached several times by other mothers when my son was a baby, it bothered me and I thought it quite rude. 

DO you think it's ok to say something?

Do you judge moms that formula feed without knowing why?  

Would you ever ask a stranger why they formula feed or lecture them?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I formula feed. Never had a stranger come up to me and make comments about it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM
4 moms liked this
No, I judge parents who neglect and abuse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM
6 moms liked this
I mind my own buisness. I would never say anything to them, but I do wonder why they are not breastfeeding.
Jscott1216
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM
5 moms liked this
Personally I think it's nobodies business but babies mommy. It is rude to think you have any day whatsoever in the way someone else feeds their baby. Keep your opinion and advice on it to yourself if it wasn't requested. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I breastfed both of mine at first. I have to take a seizure medicine to prevent my seizures, and their bodies couldn't handle it even though I took it while pregnant.

I have had people come up to me and make remarks, and my responses are usually dripping with sarcasm.

I support breastfeeding 100%, inclusing nursing in public, but if someone pisses me off about what I do, I deliberately aim to piss them off too. So I usually make some smartass remark about sex offenders and telling them next time if they don't want to be judged they shouldn't judge others. It gets the point across.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM
2 moms liked this
So long as your child is being fed, why would I care?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

no I formula feed myself so I would never judge somebody for doing the same. its none of my business how others feed their baby. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM
I am confused about the correlation between breastfeeding and sex offenders?

Quoting Anonymous:

I breastfed both of mine at first. I have to take a seizure medicine to prevent my seizures, and their bodies couldn't handle it even though I took it while pregnant.

I have had people come up to me and make remarks, and my responses are usually dripping with sarcasm.

I support breastfeeding 100%, inclusing nursing in public, but if someone pisses me off about what I do, I deliberately aim to piss them off too. So I usually make some smartass remark about sex offenders and telling them next time if they don't want to be judged they shouldn't judge others. It gets the point across.

TitaniumBiscuit
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

No because I WAS a formula-feeder and even if I was a breast-feeder I still wouldn't judge a formula-feeder!

Cynthje
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Im a breastfeeding mother but i dont feel like its up to me to judge anyone, its any womans choice and i dont have to agree with anyone but i still dont have to disrespect their choices even if its something that i would never do. 

Hope that makes sense

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured