Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG! Leave me the f*** alone!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 131 Replies

My stbxh won't leave me the fuck alone!

He asked me in December (mid) to give him the original birth certificate and our marriage license. Well, he asked the same time he was leaving for Ohio for 3 weeks and never gave me an address, so...guess what? It got forgotten about.

I couldn't find our marriage license until like 2 weeks ago and he asked me to send them again. I told him no, he wasn't getting the originals because I have to have them to register DS for school this year and I need the license for name change and to go get a new one from the courthouse or get a certified copy from the courthouse.

He told me no. He told me that I was going to give him the originals and that it was a FELONY to withold legal documents from a soldier. Are you fucking kidding me? LOL he keeps threatening me, telling me he's getting a lawyer, etc.

He told me that he wasn't going to go to the courthouse (which btw, is 2 minutes from his house and the county that we were married in and DS was born in, I live 4hrs away) and paying for something he can get for free (i.e. get the original).

He then demanded yesterday that I overnight them. Well, he told me we was picking DS tomorrow at 9pm at our meeting location, so I was going to hand them to him and he was going to hand them back to me in front of my attorney on Tuesday.

So, he wants ME to spend money I don't have to overnight documents that he's too lazy to get? Fuck him.

It's all about his wants and him trying to control me and trying to deman me to do things. Fuck him, again!

Now...here's the kicker. I always, always, always keep my important documents in this little black box I keep under my bed. Well, guess what is gone? DS' birth certificate so he's going to have to go to the courthouse tomorrow anyway. LOL

He keeps blowing up my phone. I keep having to turn my phone off and back on bc it keeps freezing up because of the amount of times he's texting me and calling me.

He says, we need to talk about this and get it straight. I told him no....there's no need to talk...this is what it is.

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds like if he doesn't have the paperwork he needs he better hit up the courthouse
NOT YOUR PROBLEM!!! LOL

He sounds like an ass

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Stay strong and NEVER EVER give a soon be ex (especially yours) the original documents. BTW...are you still in pain?

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

He would have to go to the courthouse to get them and that is all there is to that... why does he need them? I bought more then one when i went and bought them. I always do, I dont know why lol. But it's cheaper here if you buy them all at the same time. the first one is like $25 and 2 and 3 and etc... are like $3 extra. If you go back you have to apy the $25 again.

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:12 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm pretty sure what you have are certified copies too. The county keeps the originals. It would he illegal for the courthouse to withhold the documents but its not illegal for you to tell him to get his own copies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

he's full of shit on the "witholding documents from a soldier" being a felony. Don't let him try to intimidate you with BS.  It's a document he can get himself, you're not withholding you are just refusing to send the originals. He wants originals, you guys split the cost of getting him originals and he drives his happy ass to the courthouse.

cLanief
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Umm I don't understand what he'd need them for anyways... shit I even have my stbxh's birth cert(we both forgot about it) still with all our important papers.. we've never needed any of them for anything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

this, and no it's not a felony for you to hold documents that he wants. Its a felony for a company too as long as it's not against a signed agreement he has with the company. 

Quoting kelly617:

Sounds like if he doesn't have the paperwork he needs he better hit up the courthouse
NOT YOUR PROBLEM!!! LOL

He sounds like an ass

kissing dadbreastfeeding school bustreadmill

BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I am lol but not as bad

Quoting PinkyPan:

Stay strong and NEVER EVER give a soon be ex (especially yours) the original documents. BTW...are you still in pain?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM
He needs them for his VA benefits. Not sure why he needs are marriage cert bc we're in the middle of divorce.

Quoting ilovemykids323:

He would have to go to the courthouse to get them and that is all there is to that... why does he need them? I bought more then one when i went and bought them. I always do, I dont know why lol. But it's cheaper here if you buy them all at the same time. the first one is like $25 and 2 and 3 and etc... are like $3 extra. If you go back you have to apy the $25 again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I dunno but I told him a few mins ago that if he needed the copies that fucking bad to get his ass to the courthouse and get them himself.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I'm pretty sure what you have are certified copies too. The county keeps the originals. It would he illegal for the courthouse to withhold the documents but its not illegal for you to tell him to get his own copies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN