Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*UPDATE* Weirdest/Scariest thing happened to me in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies
See if y'all can figure this out..... Cuz I'm stumped.

So it was about 3am (maybe 2:30) and I was awake, but getting sleepy, and then I must have fallen asleep very briefly and then I was jolted awake, and I felt like my eyes were shaking and the rest of my body was twitching (internally, like the muscles, but i wasnt shaking if that makes any sense) and I was blinded by bright bluish white strobe-lights. Then I grabbed DH to kind of ground myself and at that point I was fully awake, but I couldn't see anything at all, except bright yellow lights swirling (think very active aurora borealis) with a bright blue (almost turquoise) burst in the center that would flash bright and then fade, and it kept happening. This all happened for maybe 3 minutes.

Any idea what that could have been? Cuz.... I kinda don't wanna go to sleep tonight lol

**UPDATE**

I was hoping not to have to update, but said I would if it happened again.

It happened again last night!! This time around 4:00 i would say... Less time, and the lights were just white, but same strobe light type thing. And then shortly thereafter, my body went straight and rigid, and I was trying to say "help" to my husband but all I could do was just make unintelligible noise. I felt like I couldn't breathe, it was so weird.

I've looked into it being like a false awakening, nocturnal epilepsy, batshit crazy lol I've tried every explanation.

Anyone exp this before? Or heard of it happening?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Bump
D.O.E.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
3 moms liked this

a siezure of some sort??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Would I be able to remember it though? I was definitely concious...

Quoting D.O.E.:

a siezure of some sort??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Do you suffer from migraines? Any problems with your eyes when you are awake? Look up symptoms of detached retina or retina injuries.

Dqnana
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Whoa!  If it happens again, I would definitely see your physician.  Sounds like what happened to John Travolta in "Phenomenon"!!  That would have definitely have freaked me out.  Be well.

D.O.E.
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Would I be able to remember it though? I was definitely concious...

Quoting D.O.E.:

a siezure of some sort??

you may want to consult your doctor on that one, i dont know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Nope, I mean I have occasional headaches but nothing major.

My eyes are ok, I have to wear glasses, but it's not a major correction.

I'll have to look that up, thanks!

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you suffer from migraines? Any problems with your eyes when you are awake? Look up symptoms of detached retina or retina injuries.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM
18 moms liked this

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I haven't seen that... Sounds scary lol. I will ask a doc if it continues, but this is the first and hopefully last time it happened

Quoting Dqnana:

Whoa!  If it happens again, I would definitely see your physician.  Sounds like what happened to John Travolta in "Phenomenon"!!  That would have definitely have freaked me out.  Be well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Lol thanks dear

Quoting BEXi:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)