Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

*UPDATE* Weirdest/Scariest thing happened to me in the middle of the night!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
See if y'all can figure this out..... Cuz I'm stumped.

So it was about 3am (maybe 2:30) and I was awake, but getting sleepy, and then I must have fallen asleep very briefly and then I was jolted awake, and I felt like my eyes were shaking and the rest of my body was twitching (internally, like the muscles, but i wasnt shaking if that makes any sense) and I was blinded by bright bluish white strobe-lights. Then I grabbed DH to kind of ground myself and at that point I was fully awake, but I couldn't see anything at all, except bright yellow lights swirling (think very active aurora borealis) with a bright blue (almost turquoise) burst in the center that would flash bright and then fade, and it kept happening. This all happened for maybe 3 minutes.

Any idea what that could have been? Cuz.... I kinda don't wanna go to sleep tonight lol

**UPDATE**

I was hoping not to have to update, but said I would if it happened again.

It happened again last night!! This time around 4:00 i would say... Less time, and the lights were just white, but same strobe light type thing. And then shortly thereafter, my body went straight and rigid, and I was trying to say "help" to my husband but all I could do was just make unintelligible noise. I felt like I couldn't breathe, it was so weird.

I've looked into it being like a false awakening, nocturnal epilepsy, batshit crazy lol I've tried every explanation.

Anyone exp this before? Or heard of it happening?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Replies (141-145):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Oh u were just sharing your story.. Sorry I was confused.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I'm not sure how to make that statement more clear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wait what?

I'm not pregnant

Quoting EvilAsh:

My water broke with my first daughter in the middle of the night. That was scary.

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Sounds like a seizure of some sort to me.  You should go in to your doctor ASAP and tell him about this.  There could be something going on with your brain. 

Jennifer63080
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:28 PM
See a neurologist

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xElizabethx
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I'm not going to poke the bear aka scary ass ghost. I'm just fine living in my bubble.

To the OP: I really think you should look into sleep paralysis. It is a real thing and is exactly what your second description sounds like. My husband has this issue and while he isn't actually stiff as a board, he is in between sleep and wakefulness, sees lights, and FEELS as if he cannot move or speak. He has described the experience as terrifying. Every single time it has happened he has had to have someone else move him or say something to him to be able to break out of it.

Also.....this isn't the same thing at all but I figured I would offer you a funny story at my expense so at least maybe you can have a laugh. When I went through my first MS flare, I had a ton of muscle twitches and spasms. While I was awake during the day they were annoying but it isn't like my limbs would just fly up out of nowhere. Well, this was made worse by stress. My husband works nights, so I sleep alone most of the time. He happened to be working that week, during my flare. I scared the absolute shit out of myself. I was asleep, in bed and woke up with a jolt. I could have SWORN someone had just belly flopped or smashed the bed, hard enough to make me bounce and wake up. I was soooo freaked out. I jumped up, backed up against the wall, searched my room - including under the bed - and checked to make sure DD was asleep in her bed. I was freaking terrified, lol. It wasn't until a couple days later when my DH was home and awake in the room while I was sleeping that we figured out what was going on. I was doing what DH called bed dancing, like synchronized swimming. I was on my back lifting my legs, one after the other, straight up in the arm and then slamming them down on the bed. >:/

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

Lol! My thoughts EXACTLY! I'm pretty brave, but that just sounds like a bad idea. And scary as shit!

Quoting xElizabethx:

Well, yeah, it is my opinion. My opinion is that your opinion sounds scary as crap. I'm completely okay with you having bigger balls (and video recordings of scary stuff poking YOU while YOU sleep) than me.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

And that's you're opinion. To Simone who believes things can happen, why not ? I'm not afraid of monsters under my bed...

Quoting xElizabethx:

Uhhh this sounds like an absolutely horrible idea!!! Nope nope nope. No way would I ever do this. I don't believe in "anything" but damn if I'm going to put bait out there. Excuse me while I roll myself into my comforter like a burrito...this mode of protection worked great when I was 7 and there were monsters under the bed.

nope nope nope nope nope....

Quoting Beenhereforever:

If I were you I would set up a video camera pointing at your bed. And set it to record at about that time.... I don't want to scare you but I bet you see something ... Hugs.

Allisonc7910
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Sounds like a seizure to me.  You need a doctor seriously asap.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN