Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should a woman's husband be allowed to do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 197 Replies

Should a woman's husband be allowed to just open her shirt and/or stick his hand down the top of her shirt any time he wants?

Earlier this evening, my dh stuffed a nerf foot ball down my shirt. I took it out and he asked me why I took it out. So I said I don't like things down there. I kept my hands over the top of my shirt. I am wearing a straight line strappy tank top and still had my bra on so there was sort of a small opening while I was sitting.

Anyway, he went to move my hands and pull the top of my shirt out so he could either look down it or put his down it (probably the 2nd because that's how he is). I got upset because I felt violated (YES even by my dh) and he got ticked at me. Given the rigth time and place/situation, I would have been fine with it but at that moment I was very much not ok with it.

Would you be ok with your dh just doing that any time he felt like it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
7 moms liked this
Nope, I would not be okay with that. Sometimes I'm "touched out" and if I am, no one has the right to touch me.
mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM
3 moms liked this
No i wouldn't. I'm his wife not his play thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM

no, and he wouldn't do it if I'd asked him not to.

Sakuradoll
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
It annoys the crap out of me when my husband does it, especially when I'm cooking. There's a time and place for it but not while I'm doing house work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard anyone else say this. Sometimes I don't want a hug because I just don't want a hug and he gets soooo mad at me like I don't have the right to say no, don't touch me right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope, I would not be okay with that. Sometimes I'm "touched out" and if I am, no one has the right to touch me.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this

You have a right to say what happens to your own body.  End of story.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I don't know how it really makes me feel. My dh reaches over while we are in the truck and he is driving and puts his hand down my shirt. I usually say hey do you mind? and he replies with no I don't . I think he is a jerk but I can't say I feeel violated though.

CuriousArentYa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM

No, he knows when it is okay and when it is not. 

E.T.A. I am not a touchy feely person and he knows this. I don't like to be touched or have my space invaded by hardly anybody. Knowing I am this way he knows when to touch and when not to.

BUTMUNCH
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
4 moms liked this

Mine does it all the time... It does not bother me one bit.. To me it shows that i am his only one and he is not disgusted by me or hates me or messing around on me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:18 PM
No..my df knows better than to act like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)