Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do some women put up with abuse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Im trying to understand why you stay and what goes thru your mind and how or when do you decide to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM
What if you have family that has told you they will take you in?did you ever leave?plz tell me you find the courage to leave...

Quoting Daveson:

Being told forever your worthless and a peice of shit you belive it.You second guess everything and trust no one.  You have no confidence.No self esteem.  Its  easier to stay in what you know. You feel like no one will ever love you like your a failure at everything . It is very isolating and depressing. You  dont know what love is anymore. . The longer your in a bad relationship that harder it is to get out. and if your married or living with a pyscho it isnt a good idea to leave anyways unless  you can disappear and have a clean break. Becasue when you come  back it get much worse. And the next time you even think about leaving you  remember the beating you took  when you came back. how things got worse. its easy for people to say leave but when you have no one its hard to get that courage. especially if you dont work , have no education and have lots of mouths to feed. If he controlls everything .. right down to whether you get grocceries  for kids  or not you tend to do as your told. All you do is everything to get your kids what they need. Even sick and twisted  things he needs done. Becasue if you dont he make your life miserable. Use your kids against you. You hope your kids get to the age where they can escape  and leave. Be on their own. eventually you stop caring and hope one day you just die.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:49 PM
3 moms liked this

They are broken physically,emotionally, financially and spiritually. At least I was. I finally had enough and called the cops. I was a SAHM with 3 girls to raise and knew I had to do something. We struggled for years but we made it.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:52 PM

That is deeply saddening:( I'm scared to know why you know such details.

Quoting Daveson:

Being told forever your worthless and a peice of shit you belive it.You second guess everything and trust no one.  You have no confidence.No self esteem.  Its  easier to stay in what you know. You feel like no one will ever love you like your a failure at everything . It is very isolating and depressing. You  dont know what love is anymore. . The longer your in a bad relationship that harder it is to get out. and if your married or living with a pyscho it isnt a good idea to leave anyways unless  you can disappear and have a clean break. Becasue when you come  back it get much worse. And the next time you even think about leaving you  remember the beating you took  when you came back. how things got worse. its easy for people to say leave but when you have no one its hard to get that courage. especially if you dont work , have no education and have lots of mouths to feed. If he controlls everything .. right down to whether you get grocceries  for kids  or not you tend to do as your told. All you do is everything to get your kids what they need. Even sick and twisted  things he needs done. Becasue if you dont he make your life miserable. Use your kids against you. You hope your kids get to the age where they can escape  and leave. Be on their own. eventually you stop caring and hope one day you just die.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Love this. Glad you turned things around.

Quoting Anonymous:

They are broken physically,emotionally, financially and spiritually. At least I was. I finally had enough and called the cops. I was a SAHM with 3 girls to raise and knew I had to do something. We struggled for years but we made it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

low,self esteem,no job or money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I'm not abused, but I did have a relationship previously where I would probably have put up with abuse. I loved him that much. Yeah, I know it is stupid, but that's the truth.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Who's going to help some of them? No one. That's sad.

WandaSue
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:55 PM

exactly...hugs mama

Quoting Daveson:

WarriorMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Quoting Daveson:

hugs

I couldn't have said it any better myself.. I hope you have gotten out (hugs)

rhope4
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
In addition to what the first lady said, you start to believe him when he says that nobody but him would put up with YOUR bullshit. By this time, he has beaten you down emotionally to where you honestly believe yourself worthless. He also tells you that other men treat their wives the way he does you, and unless you talk to other women as I did, you think this is how marriage is. My current husband got me and the kids out, and I wonder now what I EVER saw in the ex!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN