Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Give DH props or smack him in the head?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 89 Replies
1 mom liked this

Okay, so a few days ago I nicely pointed out that when he notices the laundry hampers are getting full could he please throw a load of laundry in the wash for me. Not a huge request, I didn't think.

Well, tonight, he went through the laundry hampers, we have four in the hallway, picked out JUST his clothes and washed them. His sister (who happens to be one of my best friends) was over and my DH says as he's walking past her to the washer with his arms full of laundry "Someone asked me to help out with the laundry more" in this voice of "See what a good husband I am?"

So I'm sitting here going "REALLY??? Just your clothes?" in my head, but at the same time...that's one less load I'll have to wash...lol...thanks, honey?

How would you feel?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM
23 moms liked this

I think if he's going to be an ass he can wash all his cloths from now on. ;)

mom_of_one_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Smack him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM

lmfao what an ass!! but yeah, it helps..

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

JennyCaps
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this
Before we had kids and I worked full time I told dh we needed to do laundry because both of us were low on underwear since we had so much laundry to do. I shit you not he picked out all of our underwear from the laundry bins and just washed underwear! He had no clue why I was dumbfounded and I just laughed my ass off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM

My husband has done the same thing, LOL.  Got to love our husbands.  

thatkidsmomkms
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Smack him WHILE giving him a treat for helping out. Betcha he washes more than just his clothes next time ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
i would hope he don't have any good clothes in that load because i would walk right in there when he walks out and pour bleach on them. He wants to be an ass he can be an ass with fucked up clothes. He did that just to be an ass.
smurfbitebug
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

passive aggressive as heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell damn that shit gets on my nerves. lol I feel like I'm way too biased against passive aggressive SHANANIGANS to answer this fairly.

faeriemom1972
by Ruby Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I separate my clothes from dh's clothes anyway, so a load of laundry is a load of laundry. It's one less for me to do. Better that he did something rather than ignoring you all together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

haha that's hilarious!  did he do it on purpose or did he really think you wanted him to wash his own clothes?  You should probably just let it be & be happy you have one less load to wash.  When my Dh starts messing with the washing machine, he might put white towels in with a black skirt and a bra in hot water with clorox!  He doesn't really do me any favors!  haha! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured