Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I suddenly feel bad killing bugs

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Our house has been invaded by german roaches. We will try to rid of them for good on friday. Till then I have tried many homemade remedies and I clean the best I can. Anyway, lately I have felt bad killing them. Especially babies. Like...maybe they are simply trying to get back to their home. Or to their aunties house. I'm such a weirdo.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I do gently catch and release spiders outside but I have no mercy on things like mosquitos.  No cockroaches where I live but those would definately be fair game for killing.  No mercy on the bugs who do not benefit me and actually can make me ill.

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM
No no no no!

Lol

Just kill the damn things
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Yeah...I don't feel bad lol. They invade my home, they've got to go, one way or another.

Photobucket
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Yes good point. No benefit whatsoever lol!! And I dont kill spiders either.

Quoting kikibix:

I do gently catch and release spiders outside but I have no mercy on things like mosquitos.  No cockroaches where I live but those would definately be fair game for killing.  No mercy on the bugs who do not benefit me and actually can make me ill.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Ewww we have those too op. I HATE THEM! We started off trying natural ways to rid of them, but nothing worked. Now we have to use those bug bombs once a week and keep boric acid in all the nooks and crannys (where the kiddos can't get to it). The number of bugs has been drastically reduced within the last 2 weeks, but we still see a few bigger ones here and there....and babies as well. :/
jenna30
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:33 PM

When I was pregnant I felt bad swatting flies:)

NoahandEliza
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I don't mind killing a bug, but I always make sure it's dead. I hate to leave anything living, even a bug, to suffer.
AleaKat
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I'd bomb the fuckers!!!
Nazi roaches are the worst! Lol

Then again maybe they're just following orders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Owl_Feather
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Whoever posted anon the other night about roaches...egg sacs and all.... pm me! We can swap tips lol!!!! We still have them :( DH will bomb again and call an exterminator come tax time. I still feel bad killing babies. BUT yes. They are future generation egg carriers. They hafta gooooo
jenna30
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Do you kill spiders too?

Quoting NoahandEliza:

I don't mind killing a bug, but I always make sure it's dead. I hate to leave anything living, even a bug, to suffer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)