Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
So, my older brother is stationed overseas and is divorcing his wife, so I was doing Internet searches to try to find her since she wouldn't give him her address to serve the papers. Doing the Internet search, I found out she has a warrant out for her arrest for drug possession in her hometown. So, we finally found her address, because her cell phone is in my brother's name and his online account uses my email. So, when she ordered a new phone, I was sent the order confirmation with her address. So, I was considering submitting an anonymous tip with her whereabouts, which is in a totally different state. Would that be wrong?

Before, you decide, let me tell you this. A couple of years ago, we were at my younger brother's campus apartment and she, my brother's wife, told me she had marijuana in her luggage, in my mom's car. Well, we had been going on the Army base to visit my brother, who happened to be stationed in the same city my younger brother was attending college...and they do random searches. So, I told my mom and she made her dump it, so the dumb ass dumps it in my brother's bathroom. A couple of days later, my brother realized his roommate stole is PS3 and called the police, who found her drugs in his trash can and charged him with possession and he got kicked out his campus apartment. She was supposed to go to court to tell them it wasn't his, but instead, just let me brother take the charge since they didn't believe him when he said it wasn't his. So now, WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this

With your backstory about your younger brother, I say call, sounds like Karma is about to catch up to her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM
That's how I feel. She wouldn't be in this situation if she wouldn't have got the charge.

Quoting Anonymous:

With your backstory about your younger brother, I say call, sounds like Karma is about to catch up to her. 

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:24 AM

She lives in a different state now, than where the warrant was issued?

They won't come looking for her unless it's a felony. They don't travel to different states or extradite unless it's a felony. It costs too much & isn't worth their time.

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM
A warrant is a warrant. Just look at it as a way to speed things up...eventually she will get pulled over or whatever and it found anyway. Its not like you are bringing a false charge on her.
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Oh I Didnt see the part of it being in a different state. Im not sure much can be done for that unless it is a felony I think
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I would call on her. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:28 AM
I would do it either way.. Why should he have to stay married all because she wants free access to a phone... Why did they search the whole room if all that was taken was a ps3?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM
If its a warrant in a different state call the state and tell them where she is... Most likely they will contact the local police (where she's at) bring her into custody and have her extradited...
GwenGray
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM

this right here. 

Quoting carterscutie85:

She lives in a different state now, than where the warrant was issued?

They won't come looking for her unless it's a felony. They don't travel to different states or extradite unless it's a felony. It costs too much & isn't worth their time.

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I'm married to my high school sweet heart. I plan on enlisting to the army very soon, and having more kids :)

jarkrt
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Do it. Simple decision for me if I were you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)