Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This Flu Thats Really Bad Right Now...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
For people who have had it, what are the first symptoms? Is it gradual or does it hit you outta nowhere?

My dd just woke me up saying her tummy hurts super bad and shes extremely stuffed up all of a sudden. Then 20 minutes later my stomach starts to hurt bad and now I have diarehha.

Im praying we arent getting this flu. I dont handle it well, and the last two times I had it, I was hospitalized.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:02 AM

DD and I both had it right after Christmas.  We never had any diarrhea or upset stomach.  It started just like a regular cold, sore throat, runny nose, and it escalated from there.  Then came fevers and chills, aching muscles and a slight cough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Ok. So is this flu thats going around a resperatory flu or is it a puking flu? Both are horrible I know, but I just cant stand puking. Lol We got flu shots, but I know they dont always work.

Quoting Anonymous:

DD and I both had it right after Christmas.  We never had any diarrhea or upset stomach.  It started just like a regular cold, sore throat, runny nose, and it escalated from there.  Then came fevers and chills, aching muscles and a slight cough.

Nikkijessie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM
When I got it I was throwing up for a few days. couldn't hold anything down to the point were I had to go to the er cuz I was having horrible stomach pains. I've got it twice already never had diarrhea until after I went to the er and got fluids. My son had it and it started off as a cold. then he started throwing up n having diarrhea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
4kids4tara
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a respiratory flu and a puking/pooping virus both going around in my area. One is the flu, one is not. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:07 AM

IDK about where you live but I live in Eastern Ky and school has been cancelled all week because of the amount of kids out with this flu.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok. So is this flu thats going around a resperatory flu or is it a puking flu? Both are horrible I know, but I just cant stand puking. Lol We got flu shots, but I know they dont always work.

Quoting Anonymous:

carolyntx
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:11 AM
My kids had A which was respiratory but I was told B seems more like a stomach flu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Yep, what op is describing is the stomach flu. It is not the same as influenza ( flu) The flu shot is for influenza not stomach flu,

Quoting 4kids4tara:

There is a respiratory flu and a puking/pooping virus both going around in my area. One is the flu, one is not. I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Most people that respond will say they were sick, but that doesn't mean they had the actual flu.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Ewwww im sorry you went through that. I know what thats like. The last time I had the stomach flu I seriously thought I was dying. It was awful.

Quoting Nikkijessie:

When I got it I was throwing up for a few days. couldn't hold anything down to the point were I had to go to the er cuz I was having horrible stomach pains. I've got it twice already never had diarrhea until after I went to the er and got fluids. My son had it and it started off as a cold. then he started throwing up n having diarrhea
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:18 AM
Thank you! I hope this goes away super fast! Ugh.

Quoting 4kids4tara:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)