Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Toddler dies after eating chili powder given as punishment......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
January 8, 2013 (APPLE VALLEY, Calif.) (WLS) -- Police say a toddler has died after ingesting chili powder.

Authorities were called to a home in California, where a child was suffering from a seizure after eating chili powder, which was given as a punishment.

The girl, 2, died at the hospital.

A 21-year-old caretaker has been charged.

(Copyright ©2013 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)


Who does that kind of shit to a damn 2 year old!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:04 AM
How horrible! How does chili powder kill? I don't know enough about it, I suppose.
luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM


Quoting Anonymous:

How horrible! How does chili powder kill? I don't know enough about it, I suppose.

In toddlers/small children, it can cause the airways to restrict, blocking them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM

I wonder why she died? Was it an allergic reaction?  My DD got into the spices one time and rubbed chili powder,crushed red peppers, onion powder, garlic powder, and all kinds of other stuff all over the floor and when my DH found her he yelled at her for doing something she wasn't supposed to.  So, of course, she starts crying and rubbing her face.  Poor little thing, we had to give her a wet rag and her little eyes were red for quite a while.

428pm
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM

you can die from chili powder?

Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM


Quoting luvmymonkeys27:


Quoting Anonymous:

How horrible! How does chili powder kill? I don't know enough about it, I suppose.

In toddlers/small children, it can cause the airways to restrict, blocking them. 


Youngmother456
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:08 AM
Caretaker? Does that mean babysitter? Parent? Guardian?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM
That's so close to me. Sad. I don't know how you die from that, though. Unless it was so much it was inhaled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Damn. My 2yo loved spicy things. Glad I was adament about not letting her have a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:12 AM
You know what happens when you try to eat a heaping spoon of cinnamon, maybe it's the same type of reaction.


Quoting Anonymous:

I wonder why she died? Was it an allergic reaction?  My DD got into the spices one time and rubbed chili powder,crushed red peppers, onion powder, garlic powder, and all kinds of other stuff all over the floor and when my DH found her he yelled at her for doing something she wasn't supposed to.  So, of course, she starts crying and rubbing her face.  Poor little thing, we had to give her a wet rag and her little eyes were red for quite a while.


bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:13 AM
What'd the caregiver do? Dump a whole damn container down her throat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN