Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An embarassment for Idaho...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even sure what to say about this. Freeking crazy ass rednecks. How many of you crazy gun lovers will be joining them? I feel bad for the kids. They will have no choice in the matter.

http://iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Yes, I do feel sorry for the kids.  Not so much because of the gun culture they will be surrounded by because I believe they would have that in their homes regardless of where they were living, but rather for the separation and isolation.  I wonder what opportunities would be available to them as they age.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:57 AM
2 moms liked this
I live in Idaho...I'm a perfectly sane person.

How is this "an embarassment for Idaho"? If they want to build it, they have to do it somewhere, and Idaho is beautiful. I didn't read the FAQ or anything, but what is so "redneck" about it? Nothing. People have different beliefs, opinions, ideas than your personal ones...that does not make them crazy ass rednecks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Imagine how low the crime rate will probably be there.
Gee, so crazy, why would anyone want that.
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:13 AM
Just check out the link and read some of their stuff. It's not so much an embarrassment for Idaho as it is people being paranoid for no reason. Making all able bodied citizens 13 and older learn to and carry a gun at all times whether they want to or not is ridiculous. The kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live in Idaho...I'm a perfectly sane person.

How is this "an embarassment for Idaho"? If they want to build it, they have to do it somewhere, and Idaho is beautiful. I didn't read the FAQ or anything, but what is so "redneck" about it? Nothing. People have different beliefs, opinions, ideas than your personal ones...that does not make them crazy ass rednecks.
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:15 AM
I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Do you know any gun owners? Most of them grow up with guns and the kids are anxious and ready to be shooting. I didn't grow up with guns, but I love going out shooting and my son got a bb gun for his 6th birthday, he was excited and loves it. More than likely these kids will want to go out and shoot not being forced! 

Quoting Salsacookies:

The link works now. I do feel sorry for their children. They will be forced to learn how to fire guns regardless of whether they want to or not. Not everybody wants to shoot guns and they shouldn't be made to.

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Just as strongly as you feel about the subject, others feel equally as strongly in the other direction-- as is their right. They should be allowed to protest without people calling them "crazy ass rednecks" and saying that you feel sorry for their children. 

And it would be really helpful if the link worked. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:25 AM
If they were decent parents, they wouldn't make their children do something they aren't comfortable with. If the parents move into this place, the kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:27 AM
My stepdad is one of the crazy "they're gonna take my guns" gun owners. Both of my sisters shoot. I never wanted to and wasn't made to because I didn't like it. It was my choice. Every child should have a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know any gun owners? Most of them grow up with guns and the kids are anxious and ready to be shooting. I didn't grow up with guns, but I love going out shooting and my son got a bb gun for his 6th birthday, he was excited and loves it. More than likely these kids will want to go out and shoot not being forced! 

Quoting Salsacookies:

The link works now. I do feel sorry for their children. They will be forced to learn how to fire guns regardless of whether they want to or not. Not everybody wants to shoot guns and they shouldn't be made to.

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Just as strongly as you feel about the subject, others feel equally as strongly in the other direction-- as is their right. They should be allowed to protest without people calling them "crazy ass rednecks" and saying that you feel sorry for their children. 

And it would be really helpful if the link worked. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

KyrinM
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:28 AM

The crime rate here is already low, why, because all of us have guns, that's why. There is no need to take guns away from law abiding citizens.  The problem is, only the law abiding citizens will give up their guns, the criminals will still have theirs, so there is no point in trying to outlaw them, because then only the outlaws will have guns.  Look to Australia & England if you need examples of what happens when the law abiding citizens no longer have access to guns. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN