Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An embarassment for Idaho...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even sure what to say about this. Freeking crazy ass rednecks. How many of you crazy gun lovers will be joining them? I feel bad for the kids. They will have no choice in the matter.

http://iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Replies (121-128):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I like how you keep ignoring things when commenting back.

Quoting Salsacookies:

You can be a self-sufficient human being without having to learn how to shoot a gun. Millions of people do it every day.

Quoting mommyrustina:

No, decent parents encourage and help shape their children into self-sufficient human beings. I am not raising fragile snowflakes that walk away and never learn something because they are not comfortable with it. We are not talking about tossing children out of airplanes here, we are talking about a simple life skill.

Quoting Salsacookies:

A child should not be made to shoot a gun if they don't want to. I was never made to. It was my choice not to. My sisters both shoot guns and my youngest sister just got a compound bow for xmas. My dad never made us do anything like that if we weren't comfortable with it. That is what decent parents do. Shooting a gun can be scary and overwhelming and nobody should have to do it if they aren't ready to.

Quoting Anonymous:

If their parents feel this strongly about guns, they will have their children shooting guns whether they are at this place or home.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Imagine how low the crime rate will probably be there.

Gee, so crazy, why would anyone want that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I am just going to get one of these.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:00 PM

That all depends on how you define self-sufficient. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

You can be a self-sufficient human being without having to learn how to shoot a gun. Millions of people do it every day.

Quoting mommyrustina:

No, decent parents encourage and help shape their children into self-sufficient human beings. I am not raising fragile snowflakes that walk away and never learn something because they are not comfortable with it. We are not talking about tossing children out of airplanes here, we are talking about a simple life skill.

Quoting Salsacookies:

A child should not be made to shoot a gun if they don't want to. I was never made to. It was my choice not to. My sisters both shoot guns and my youngest sister just got a compound bow for xmas. My dad never made us do anything like that if we weren't comfortable with it. That is what decent parents do. Shooting a gun can be scary and overwhelming and nobody should have to do it if they aren't ready to.

Quoting Anonymous:

If their parents feel this strongly about guns, they will have their children shooting guns whether they are at this place or home.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Ignoring relevant facts obviously carries over in to all facets of thought and life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like how you keep ignoring things when commenting back.

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting mommyrustina:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I read this a few days ago. Im not to far from that area. Its not a big deal to me.

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:07 PM

I am sure the people there can have a Janet Reno type 'accident' happen like Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Yeah I am better with a bow than a shotgun. I am not big on depending on grocery stores for food. We are fairly self sufficient. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting mommyrustina:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

bry36
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Yep  they do just had to wait to pick up the one I got DH for Christmas while the check the FBI data base

Quoting batmansgirl:

It's already mandatory to have a background check when purchasing a firearm. Well it is for law abiding citizens that is.

Quoting Salsacookies:

They aren't trying to take away the right and that is where people are getting hung up. They want to make it mandatory to have a background check and psych eval before purchasing with possible registration and stuff. I see nothing wrong with that. you have to do that for a car. Driver's ed, written test, driving test, register the vehicle, maintain insurance on it. Why not a gun too? I think gun owners should have insurance on it in case an accident happens.

Quoting bry36:

I live in Washington but work in Idaho and most people here are not in favor of gun control but it doesn't mean we are a bunch of redneck hillbillies that a gross generalization and just because a group of extremest go off the grid and form a cult to protect there right to bear arms does not mean we are all following suit but yes most Idahoans would fight to have the right to bear arms .

I am not an outdoors woman but most people I know are in some fashion my DH is an avid outdoors person and my son whose 12 cant wait to learn how to shoot so he can hunt with his dad but has been waiting until hes old enough to take hunters safety (which he can this yr ) . We believe strongly that it doesnt matter what type of gun laws go in effect the bad guys will always have them so unarming people would leave them without a way to protect their home and family (and believe it or not people are saved by guns and being able to protect them selves with guns all the time ) .Do I think they need to be controlled in some way? of course what that may end up looking like is really the issue I would never believe the goverment should be able to come into my home and remove all my guns .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured