Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An embarassment for Idaho...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even sure what to say about this. Freeking crazy ass rednecks. How many of you crazy gun lovers will be joining them? I feel bad for the kids. They will have no choice in the matter.

http://iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Replies (21-30):
Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:33 AM
What is wrong with making the most dangerous guns, that nobody has any business owning, unavailable? You do not need an ar-15 to hunt or protect your home. If you are that bad of a shot that you have to hi t with one, your should probably reconsider.

Quoting KyrinM:

The crime rate here is already low, why, because all of us have guns, that's why. There is no need to take guns away from law abiding citizens.  The problem is, only the law abiding citizens will give up their guns, the criminals will still have theirs, so there is no point in trying to outlaw them, because then only the outlaws will have guns.  Look to Australia & England if you need examples of what happens when the law abiding citizens no longer have access to guns. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Imagine how low the crime rate will probably be there.

Gee, so crazy, why would anyone want that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:02 AM

Looks as though Idaho might have anotherJones-town or Koreshian settlement on thier hands.  Weird stuff. The citadel groupies talk about building a compound in the mountains to house 3500 or so patriots, but only specified patriots. Second they laud following Thomas Jefferson's Rightful Liberty, which is hilarious considering Jefferson owned 600 slaves who never saw the day of "rightful liberty". You're right about the kids, its not right they'll have to live like fenced animals with parents so trigger happy they'd shoot their own shadows. Hopefully the authorities are keeping an eye on them.

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Everyone should be educated about gun safety and taught to respect firearms though. If that happened more often I doubt there would be as many accidental shootings

Quoting Salsacookies:

The link works now. I do feel sorry for their children. They will be forced to learn how to fire guns regardless of whether they want to or not. Not everybody wants to shoot guns and they shouldn't be made to.

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Just as strongly as you feel about the subject, others feel equally as strongly in the other direction-- as is their right. They should be allowed to protest without people calling them "crazy ass rednecks" and saying that you feel sorry for their children. 

And it would be really helpful if the link worked. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Well in that case we shouldn't make children go to school or do chores or exercise if they aren't comfortable with it, since that's what decent parents do

Quoting Salsacookies:

If they were decent parents, they wouldn't make their children do something they aren't comfortable with. If the parents move into this place, the kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Just as strongly as you feel about the subject, others feel equally as strongly in the other direction-- as is their right. They should be allowed to protest without people calling them "crazy ass rednecks" and saying that you feel sorry for their children. 

And it would be really helpful if the link worked. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

the link worked for me.

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM

for anyone who can't open any of the citadel  links.. heres the FAQ page. If you're gullible enough, you can run on over and pay a hefty sum to lease a parcel of land inside the walled fortress! lol

What is The Citadel?

The Citadel is a developing community of Patriots, currently evolving in the mountains of Idaho. We believe in Jefferson's Rightful Liberty and have chosen to live amongst one another, have sworn our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor to defend one another and Liberty.

top of page

Citadel Definition

1. A fortress in a commanding position in or near a city.
  2. Any strongly fortified building or place of safety; refuge
  3. A gated and walled community in the style of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rothenburg_ob_der_Tauber)

top of page

Layout of the Community

At the moment, the Citadel intends to purchase between 2,000 and 3,000 acres. Of that, 640-1,280 acres are to be walled-in (minimum one square mile). Plot sizes for the leases inside the walls will be no more than 1 acre for home sites, and larger lots will be available outside the walls.

Inside the walls will be more urban/city/town, and outside the walls will be more rural/farmland.

top of page

Private vs. Public

One of the primary reasons for a lease paradigm versus private property inside the walls is our desire to make the community for Patriots only.

The model will be similar in many ways to that of Disneyland. It is walled, gated, private property with controlled access. People pay to enter and agree to the rules because they see value in doing so. It is all based on a voluntary agreement between the owners of the property and those who want to come inside. Millions of people visit Disneyland and interact peacefully. It's exceptionally rare to hear of any serious problems. The key is that those people want to be there and understand what is expected of them. Surprisingly similar to what we are doing.

top of page

What is Jefferson's Rightful Liberty?

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
~ Thomas Jefferson

top of page

Why Idaho?

We polled our fellow Patriots about good locations to direct our initial focus for our Pioneer Project, what The Citadel was referred to at that point. We ultimately chose Idaho as that the place to initially consider putting down our roots. There are many reasons why Idaho came up the winner: Population density. Lines of drift in regards to population migration if TSHTF. Land availability in the acreage we're going to need to complete The Citadel project. The growing trend of the state of Idaho actively recruiting firearms-related businesses. Mr. Rawles of Survival Blog dubbed the area the "American Redoubt" and considers it a great area for a free people to live. Moderate climate. Amazing agricultural diversity. Large selection of natural resources. Great hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventures. It is populated with solidly independent and intelligently freedom-oriented people. State and local governments are pre-disposed to Constitutional Liberty and strongly supportive of Second-Amendment Rights. All-around, a great place to settle down and carve out the American Dream for you and your family. When you add them all up, it's hard to imagine a better location.

Also see:

1. Here's what Free State Project had to say about Idaho.
  2. Here's what James Wesley, Rawles of SurvivalBlog has to say about the region he calls "The American Redoubt."

top of page

Where Exactly Is The Citadel?

At this time we are still in the process of determining exactly where the Citadel will be built. We have tentatively chosen the state of Idaho and are particularly interested in Benewah County, but we are still considering a number of other options for the actual site. Families that reserve homes in the Citadel Community must understand that while the final location remains undetermined, the Citadel will be located in the mountainous American Redoubt.

We have purchased 20 mountaintop acres in Benewah County. This will become the initial factory location for our firearms company and will be developed into a Showcase for the larger Citadel concept. Improvements to the mountaintop Showcase property will begin in the Spring/Summer of 2013. We have been calling this property our Beachhead.

top of page

What About the Idaho Weather/Growing Season?

Idaho is a large state with many diverse climates within its borders. There are four distinct seasons in northern Idaho. The northern part of Idaho where we are considering locating the Citadel has more precipitation and milder winter temperatures than in the neighboring plains states since the Idaho panhandle is primarily influenced by the Pacific Ocean's weather patterns.

Growing seasons are going to be shorter in the northern portion of the state, and it is not unusual for each area to have microclimates within the more general climate. The frost free growing season is about 90 to 150 days in the valleys and 60 to 90 days in the mountains.

Anyone serious about gardening should consider using green houses and hoop houses to extend their growing season.

Head over to VisitIdaho.Org for more climate information.

top of page

Who Can Join the III Citadel Project?

We are looking for fellow Patriots who will follow the ideal of Rightful Liberty. In order to join the Citadel Community, you must agree to our Patriot Agreement.

top of page

Who Can Live In the Citadel?

First, look over our Patriot Agreement. If you can agree to those standards, submit your application.

top of page

Who Can Live Outside the Citadel?

The Citadel's property will extend beyond the walls, but beyond the property line is still Idaho (or whichever state in which we settle). The land not owned by the Citadel is free for any person to purchase or live upon, within the laws of the United States.

In practice, like-minded individuals and families will choose to settle the surrounding areas because they are drawn toward our ideals and our goals. The corridor between the Citadel and the nearest town or highway will become prime real estate.

top of page

What Kind of People Are You Looking For?

We are looking for highly motivated Patriotic people who are willing to relocate to the American Redoubt. We are looking for people who wish to live both within, and beyond the walls of the Citadel. We are looking for people who will live their lives according to Jefferson's Rightful Liberty.

top of page

What About Racial Diversity?

Rightful Liberty knows no racial barriers. We care not from which part of the globe you or your ancestors originated. We care only that you adhere to the Patriot Agreement.

top of page

What About Religion?

Rightful Liberty knows no religious barriers.

Space will be limited within the walls of the Citadel for building houses of worship. There will be plenty of space outside the walls.

top of page

What Threats Do You Expect to Defend Against?

The Citadel is primarily designed to defend against a grid-down, economic collapse scenario. When most people ask this question they are thinking in terms of defending against violent action but there are other aspects to defending ourselves. Self-sufficiency in terms of food, water and energy are also a form of defense against a collapse scenario, so these are a major part of our plan.

The Citadel is not designed to withstand any direct .Mil or .Gov attack. Nor is the Citadel, in any manner, attempting to provoke any government entity.

top of page

How Do You Expect to Fund Such an Endeavor?

The III Arms Company, current facilities located in West Virginia, was founded to act as the economic cornerstone of the Citadel. Forty-plus American Patriots pulled together to get this company off the ground to serve two purposes: To build solid fighting arms to defend Liberty and our fellow Patriots, and to raise revenue to build the Citadel.

top of page

What About Employment for the Residents?

There will be some initial jobs with III Arms Company offered. Those employees will need locally provided goods and services, creating some additional opportunities.

Other businesses will be developed either by the Citadel or by individual Patriots as families move to the Citadel and entrepreneurial opportunities arise. We want to attract people who will provide local goods and services as well as those that have or will create markets outside of the Citadel. Businesses with markets outside of the Citadel will be vital to creating a robust local economy. Of special interest will be businesses that promote local self-sufficiency as part of our goal to be able to survive an economic collapse.

For more information, see our blog page: Entrepreneurs and Businesses

top of page

Who is Funding This Project?

The III Arms Company was founded to fund the Citadel. Also many Patriots who have no intention of living within the Citadel Community have supported it. In fact, a farmer in the Midwest donated a sizable sum of money to help make this project come to fruition. This individual has no intent of ever living in the Citadel, but sees the benefit it embodies for Liberty.

top of page

Can I Help Fund This Project?

Yes! The best way to help the Citadel Project is to apply for a lease as soon as the process begins (Mid-December 2012) or head over to IIIArms.com and buy one of our great ARs or 1911s!

top of page

Where Can I Find The Patriot Agreement?

You can find the Patriot Agreement HERE

top of page

How Can I Apply to Live at the Citadel?

Look here to find out about the application process.

top of page

Are People Actually Moving to The Citadel?

We have already purchased 20 acres in Benewah County where we will build the first III Arms factory beginning next spring as well as a small Showcase for the Citadel, much like a Model Home in a new housing development. A few of our first Citadel Pioneers will move to the site probably next spring/summer, working at the factory and helping build the Showcase which will include model condos, model homes, a scaled version of the wall, et cetera. In fact, we are seriously considering the purchase of another 60 or 80 acres in this location so people can get a genuine "feel" for what the Citadel will be when finished.

What happens to the original land purchase in Benewah County if we end up locating elsewhere? It will probably remain under our control as an Outpost, or we can sell it, complete with improvements, to a deserving Patriot.

top of page

Are You a Bunch of Wackos/Cultists/Racists... etc.?

Actually, quite the opposite. Rightful Liberty is a very tolerant, live-and-let-live philosophy. We stand fully against extremists and all prejudicial philosophies. Those types of people would not be comfortable around us.

top of page

Will You Be Doing Anything Illegal?

Absolutely not. We will abide by all Constitutional federal and state laws. As a matter of fact, we will make it clear to anyone who wants to live in the Citadel Community that we expect everyone to obey the law. The Citadel is a community designed to withstand natural disasters such as Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina as well as man-made catastrophes such as an economic collapse.

top of page

Won't The Federal Government or Military Simply Blow Up Your Town?

Why would they? We are a law-abiding group of people minding our own business. We are conducting our affairs in an open and transparent manner. The Citadel Community is designed to be a safe haven and a major tourist destination. The U.S. Government does not make a habit of blowing up law abiding citizens and tourists on American soil.

top of page

Are There Other Citadels?

At this time, there are no other "Citadels." If you are interested in modeling a community after our Citadel, please contact us at information@iiiCitadel.com. It is our desire not to be the only community modeled under Jefferson's Rightful Liberty, but to be the first of many.

top of page

Why Do You Think You Will Succeed Where Others Have Failed?

An effort such as this can have philosophical, social, economic, political and religious aspects that must be considered. Previous attempts have either ignored one or more of those aspects or not understood the consequences of the decisions that were made that affect them.

Our effort is based on Rightful Liberty which, as a live-and-let-live philosophy, makes us good neighbors. We feel no need to convert anyone to our way of thinking or try to control anyone else's behavior, except to the extent needed to defend our Rightful Liberty. We have a base economic engine for the Citadel in the form of the III Arms Company that should provide initial financial support. We have the Patriot Agreement, a contract that clearly spells out our expectations of one another. We believe in the rule of law and have no interest in creating conflict with anyone. We will be an open community that encourages visitors and tourists. Most importantly, our efforts are based on voluntary action and voluntary association.

These factors should let us build a physical and social structure that will let us pursue our goal of a sustainable and defensible living space without the usual negative reactions that efforts like this often create.

top of page

What is / Who are the III?

At no time during the American Revolution did Colonial forces in the field rise to more than 3% of the population.

John Parker was the original III Patriot when he took to the Green in Lexington on April 19, 1775 to stand against tyranny. Many modern III Patriots believe that defending the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and restoring the ideals of these Founding Documents to prominence in America, is our sacred duty.

top of page

When Will You Start Approving Applicants?

We will start accepting applications mid December 2012. An applicant should expect a 120- to 180-day approval process.

top of page

How Can I Learn More?

III Citadel Website

III Citadel Blog

III Citadel Facebook

III Citadel Forum: Under Construction

III Arms Website

III Arms Blog

III Arms Facebook

III Arms Twitter

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Yes, I know. I was attempting to be sarcastic lol. I don't agree with gun limitations. If you're talking about Idaho specifically, I'm familiar with the crime rate, I also live in Idaho. Of the many places I've been it seems to be one of the lowest.

Quoting KyrinM:

The crime rate here is already low, why, because all of us have guns, that's why. There is no need to take guns away from law abiding citizens.  The problem is, only the law abiding citizens will give up their guns, the criminals will still have theirs, so there is no point in trying to outlaw them, because then only the outlaws will have guns.  Look to Australia & England if you need examples of what happens when the law abiding citizens no longer have access to guns. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM

More

About the Citadel

thomas jeffersonThe Citadel will be a small planned community of 3,500 - 7,000 families of patriotic Americans who voluntarily choose to live together in accordance with Thomas Jefferson's ideal of Rightful Liberty: Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others.

In essence, Rightful Liberty means that neighbors keep their noses out of other neighbors' business, that neighbors live and let live.

Marxists, Socialists, Liberals, and Establishment Republicans may find that living within our Citadel Community is incompatible with their existing ideology and preferred lifestyles.

Our children will be educated instead of indoctrinated.

We intend to purchase at least 2,000 acres, although preferably 3,000 acres for the Citadel Community. A minimum of one square mile will be protected within our wall and towers (640 full acres!). Ideally, up to two full square miles will be protected behind the walls (1,280 acres)!!

Every Patriot selected to live within the Citadel Community will voluntarily agree to follow the footsteps of our Founding Fathers by swearing to one another our lives, our fortunes and our Sacred Honor to defend one another and Liberty against all enemies, foreign and domestic. All Patriots selected to live within the Citadel Community agree to abide all Constitutional laws, both Federal and State.

The Citadel Community is to be a bastion of Liberty in America.

Concept

The Towers and Curtain Wall providing the town's primary perimeter defense will be inaccessible to tourists. Each Tower will house condos. The wall sections between Towers will be the location for many of the larger homes. By looking at the Artist's Concept (left) you can see that housing will be well-removed from tourist foot-traffic. The Perimeter Road follows the Curtain Wall.

Each neighborhood within the walls will have lower defensive walls, dividing the town into defensible sections/neighborhoods. Each neighborhood will have similar housing for visual uniformity and aesthetic appeal.

Walking paths, orchards, and stands of woods will be incorporated throughout the space within the walls, adding privacy and aesthetically pleasing green spaces. Public gardens with both flowers and vegetables will enhance the experience of residents and visitors alike. Water features (canals, ponds and waterfalls) will also offer picturesque retreats.

housing calculator

rocks
Citadel Concept

aerial concept illustration - click for larger image
(artist's concept - click to view larger)

rocks

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:21 PM

It is required by law for children to go to school of some sort. Children are not and should not be required to learn how to fire a weapon if they don't want to.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Well in that case we shouldn't make children go to school or do chores or exercise if they aren't comfortable with it, since that's what decent parents do

Quoting Salsacookies:

If they were decent parents, they wouldn't make their children do something they aren't comfortable with. If the parents move into this place, the kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Merika!  Fuck ya!!!  I'm going to get my mullet so I can move in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured