Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An embarassment for Idaho...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even sure what to say about this. Freeking crazy ass rednecks. How many of you crazy gun lovers will be joining them? I feel bad for the kids. They will have no choice in the matter.

http://iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:25 PM

It should be required to learn the basic mechanics of a gun as well as gun safety and education. That in and of itself could stop a lot of accidental shootings. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

It is required by law for children to go to school of some sort. Children are not and should not be required to learn how to fire a weapon if they don't want to.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Well in that case we shouldn't make children go to school or do chores or exercise if they aren't comfortable with it, since that's what decent parents do

Quoting Salsacookies:

If they were decent parents, they wouldn't make their children do something they aren't comfortable with. If the parents move into this place, the kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Imagine how low the crime rate will probably be there.

Gee, so crazy, why would anyone want that.

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a timeshare scam to me.  It'll never get built and the few suckers who "buy in" will lose everything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
These people are going to seriously be a few steps ahead in a zombie apocalypse. I may submit an application for that reason alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Sorry but I should be allowed to own a high powered gun and large amounts ammunition . You don't want to fine but don't push your beliefs on me

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Lol gun loving rednecks ...that about sums it up.

I live in Idaho and I thought this post was going to be about the congressman from here being arrested for a DUI - that was an actual embarrassment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Cuz it's our god given right to have guns that can blow up an elephant!  We gots to protect ourselves from that there mooslim hitler feller that's comin' to git our guns! Merika!  (i'm just being sarcastic)

Quoting Salsacookies:

What is wrong with making the most dangerous guns, that nobody has any business owning, unavailable? You do not need an ar-15 to hunt or protect your home. If you are that bad of a shot that you have to hi t with one, your should probably reconsider.

Quoting KyrinM:

The crime rate here is already low, why, because all of us have guns, that's why. There is no need to take guns away from law abiding citizens.  The problem is, only the law abiding citizens will give up their guns, the criminals will still have theirs, so there is no point in trying to outlaw them, because then only the outlaws will have guns.  Look to Australia & England if you need examples of what happens when the law abiding citizens no longer have access to guns. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Imagine how low the crime rate will probably be there.

Gee, so crazy, why would anyone want that.

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Its not for me, but they aren't trying to force it on anyone so I don't have a problem with it. I think its great for those who hold the same ideals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Me too:) I thought that's what it would be about.

Quoting Mamasomedaysoon:

Lol gun loving rednecks ...that about sums it up.

I live in Idaho and I thought this post was going to be about the congressman from here being arrested for a DUI - that was an actual embarrassment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Nobody wants to take your guns away!

Quoting afwifeandmommy3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)