Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

An embarassment for Idaho...

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not even sure what to say about this. Freeking crazy ass rednecks. How many of you crazy gun lovers will be joining them? I feel bad for the kids. They will have no choice in the matter.

http://iiicitadel.com/patriotagreement.html

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:20 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Why do you need high powered guns though?

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry but I should be allowed to own a high powered gun and large amounts ammunition . You don't want to fine but don't push your beliefs on me

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 3:47 PM

I don't understand what your issue with this is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:06 PM

This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I'm intrigued. I didn't know about this, so thanks for sharing!!! I'll have to look into it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

If the parents are going to have deadly weapons in the house then I think it's actually responsible for them to teach their children how to handle them properly. Yes, they should still stay out of reach, but it would prevent deadly accidents. I think most kids who grow up with parents who use guns probably *want* to use them also. There may be a few that don't, but I think they are probably few and far between. There's nothing wrong with education, and learning how to do something. Those kids could be put into a situation one day where they need to protect themselves, their parents aren't around...what happens if they don't know how to use a firearm?

I just think you're overreacting about this a little bit.

Quoting Salsacookies:

If they were decent parents, they wouldn't make their children do something they aren't comfortable with. If the parents move into this place, the kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Imagine how low the crime rate will probably be there.

Gee, so crazy, why would anyone want that.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Hahahaha! I'm in Idaho. I hope my crazy ass neighbor moves there! I'm GLAD they are setting this up. Get the crazies out of my neighborhood. Holy crap. Now I won't have to worry about anyone pulling a gun on a group on the lawn next to me. 

luvmymonkeys27
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

It didn't work when first posted.

Quoting Bonita131:

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Just as strongly as you feel about the subject, others feel equally as strongly in the other direction-- as is their right. They should be allowed to protest without people calling them "crazy ass rednecks" and saying that you feel sorry for their children. 

And it would be really helpful if the link worked. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

I think it's ridiculous. Nobody is trying to take away all the guns. They are just trying to make the most dangerous ones that nobody has any business owning, not available...and I agree with it. The 2nd amendment needs to be updated to reflect current technology. The 1st amendment has rules and stuff against it. Slander, censorship, defamation of character, etc. Why is the 2nd amendment exempt?

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

But, I'm assuming that this is in regards to people protesting the new gun laws/restrictions? If that's the case, then I will say that you have a right to your opinion on the matter, and they have a right to theirs. 

the link worked for me.

mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:23 PM

At first glance it sounds great, I don't see anything wrong with their Patriot Agreement. I think it is embarrassing that so many people are NOT proficient with a gun. 

Of course, I am sure that you do not care what I have to say since you will simply label me as just another gun nut. 

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM

If you are never going to own a gun, why learn to shoot one? It should be a choice.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

It should be required to learn the basic mechanics of a gun as well as gun safety and education. That in and of itself could stop a lot of accidental shootings. 

Quoting Salsacookies:

It is required by law for children to go to school of some sort. Children are not and should not be required to learn how to fire a weapon if they don't want to.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Well in that case we shouldn't make children go to school or do chores or exercise if they aren't comfortable with it, since that's what decent parents do

Quoting Salsacookies:

If they were decent parents, they wouldn't make their children do something they aren't comfortable with. If the parents move into this place, the kids will have no choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

Think about it for a second...does it really matter? Seriously. The people that will move there obviously feel strongly about guns, and chances are they own them already. I guarantee even if this place did not exist their children would be learning how to shoot regardless. Probably not with "classes", but with their parents teaching.

Quoting Salsacookies:

I don't care if adults want to live there, but no place should be making 13 year old children learn to shoot a gun if they don't want to. Hey don't have a choice in the matter.

Quoting Anonymous:

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Nobody should be forced to learn how to shoot a gun if they don't want to. I never did. I also learned to never touch my stepdad's guns. It's not something I'm interested in and there are other out there that never have the interest also.

Quoting Anonymous:

If the parents are going to have deadly weapons in the house then I think it's actually responsible for them to teach their children how to handle them properly. Yes, they should still stay out of reach, but it would prevent deadly accidents. I think most kids who grow up with parents who use guns probably *want* to use them also. There may be a few that don't, but I think they are probably few and far between. There's nothing wrong with education, and learning how to do something. Those kids could be put into a situation one day where they need to protect themselves, their parents aren't around...what happens if they don't know how to use a firearm?

I just think you're overreacting about this a little bit.

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Salsacookies:

Quoting Anonymous:

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Maybe because they don't want to? It should be a choice, not a requirement. Their kids will not have a choice and that's not right. Nobody should be made to do something they might not want to do.

Quoting mommyrustina:

At first glance it sounds great, I don't see anything wrong with their Patriot Agreement. I think it is embarrassing that so many people are NOT proficient with a gun. 

Of course, I am sure that you do not care what I have to say since you will simply label me as just another gun nut. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN