Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

anyone have an iguana?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:45 AM
  • 42 Replies
Just need some encouraging words from someone who has/had.....10 months old and he is such a butt head lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MotherOF5Cuties
by Abby on Jan. 17, 2013 at 5:51 AM
hell no lol
lil_momma_vdv
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:27 AM
Hell no? They are pretty awesome, high maintenance though and moody!!
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:28 AM
No but I've always wanted one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I've had them in the past. :)
FunnyKids
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:34 AM
I want one. I had no clue they were moody though, what do they do?
lil_momma_vdv
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:37 AM
They are such unique creatures, very different and its a wonderful idea to read into them before getting one. They require alot to keep them social and healthy. I love my lil guy he is 10 months old, still has lots of growing to do!! Very tranquil pets, he helps me calm down and we relax together.
SOCO101
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:38 AM

They are awesome, and if I didn't have kids I'd probably have one!

Dh's cousin had 2. One was a baby (won it at the fair), and the other was 14 years old...that sucker was HUGE and could slap the hell outta you with his tale. He was just playing, other than that he was very docile.

lil_momma_vdv
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM
@funnykids- moody they are...males can get aggressive during mating season so cam females and they are very defensive creatures. If you want one you should buy a book first and read. It's like having another!!
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

No i wont let DH get one now that we are married I dont like them at all. But DH used to raise them and give them to zoos growing up and when we dated. They are so huge and they whip people with their tails and i know other people find it neat you can train them to piss and shit in your tub when your not home but thats not cool with me. (apparently lizards dont do kitty litter) I also find it freaky for some reason to hear something at the front door, open it and think ding dong ditch? NO NASTY LIZZARD SCRITCHIN ACROSS MY BARE FEET WITH HIS TALONS PUSHING PAST ME TO COME In! I know the thing is out there but they get me every damn time! it would be different if you could cage them like a gecko, of if they provided warm drinks and danishes like the gico lizard. I'd be more accepting then. But they are so angry and bitter looking and just whip the shit out you with their tail for just walking past or anything they want! Lastly, not sure if its true but someone said they can make your kids sick??

Those probably weren't very encouraging words now that I think about it but I was just arguing with DH over these things. The rant is fresh. Good luck with that non-extinct prehistoric creature you got running around. If dh were awake hed ask for pics.

zildjans_mom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to have 2. Just show them lord of attention. The more you play/ interact with them the more docile they become
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)