Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worried :(

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM
  • 28 Replies

DH and I are currently TTC baby #2. With my first pregnancy I had SEVERE morning sickness, to the point where my doctor prescribed me the anti nausea meds they give to cancer patients. Well that didnt work. During my first pregnancy I weighed 115 at start, during the pregnancy I only gained 13 lbs that could be tracked due to the severe morning sickness. So I obviously lost alot of weight during that first trimester. Well after having baby I got back down to my normal weight of 103 which is what I was before I gained that freshman 15 lol. But I have remained that weight for the last 4 years and now I start thinking about this next possible pregnancy. What will I do if I have that morning sickness again?? I couldnt keep ANYTHING down, im scared of losing more weight which would put me underweight. Im just scared of what that would do to the baby and my health.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:38 AM

so maybe put on some weight now to prepare for the loss from the first trimester???

Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Quoting mom2priceboys:

so maybe put on some weight now to prepare for the loss from the first trimester???

Im trying but I have a very high metabolism and its very hard for me to gain weight. After I had DD my metabolism kicked into high gear. I cant seem to gain more than 3 lbs.

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 119 when I got pregnant with my first and severe morning sickness put me down to 108 and I'm 5'9 so I already started out underweight. 8 years later I got pregnant again and my morning sickness wasn't nearly as bad. Every pregnancy is different. I had 2 very healthy babies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
My friend is currently pregnant. With both her pregnancys she's had that hyper premises. She's 6 months along and not as bad as it was in the beginning. But she still throws up quite a bit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alphamom26
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hang in there :) I am not a lightweight by any means, but I had very bad morning sickness with my 2nd pregnancy and gained very little. My DD was still a very healthy, 9 pound moose baby :) I actually had to be induced at 41 weeks because she was refusing to come out, lol :)

My 1st pregnancy I was a little sick,but nothing like my 2nd. Every pregnancy is different, I'm sure you'll be okay. The hardest part about being so sick with the 2nd baby was that I still had to take care of my DS (and he was only 9 mos. old) even though I was really sick. If you do get sick, maybe ask a friend/family member to help you out during the worst part of your day so you can get some rest. Good luck!!

theCMtroll82
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM

this part i can relate to, it is hard for me to gain weight as well. I had morning sickness too, and it suckeeed. I feel your pain.

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting mom2priceboys:

Im trying but I have a very high metabolism and its very hard for me to gain weight. After I had DD my metabolism kicked into high gear. I cant seem to gain more than 3 lbs.

tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM
With my son i had no morning sickness at all, with my daughter i was sick the whole time and now with baby #3 on the way nothing at all
aiyess
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Each pregnancy is different. Try and gain some weight while you are TTC. Good luck :).
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM

I had severe morning sickness for 9 months with both my kids, but it wasn't just in the morning.  With my first, I was hospitalized and hydrated several times, and then put on bed rest.  I couldn't keep anything down and lost a lot of weight.  The doctors were concerned.  In the end, I only gained 20 pounds.  With my second baby, I was sick all over again, but it didn't get quite as bad the second time around but I only gained 20 pounds that time too.  I had the anti-nausea drugs too, but they didn't help.  I threw up the prenatel vitamins everytime I took one, so I didn't get many of them in my system either.  But both my babies were healthy.  My doctor, both times, finally told me to eat and drink whatever I could, whatever it took, to get food in me.  It's really weird, but I found that Coke helped settle my stomach and I drank a lot of it when I was pregnant.  Coke and cheese pizza.  In fact, I think that's all I ate and drank for the last few months of my first.

GrimmLotus
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I am sure you and the baby would be fine. I see underweight people have babies all the time. Was your last baby healthy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN