Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH and I are currently TTC baby #2. With my first pregnancy I had SEVERE morning sickness, to the point where my doctor prescribed me the anti nausea meds they give to cancer patients. Well that didnt work. During my first pregnancy I weighed 115 at start, during the pregnancy I only gained 13 lbs that could be tracked due to the severe morning sickness. So I obviously lost alot of weight during that first trimester. Well after having baby I got back down to my normal weight of 103 which is what I was before I gained that freshman 15 lol. But I have remained that weight for the last 4 years and now I start thinking about this next possible pregnancy. What will I do if I have that morning sickness again?? I couldnt keep ANYTHING down, im scared of losing more weight which would put me underweight. Im just scared of what that would do to the baby and my health.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Zofran. Its called zofran they give "cancer patients."
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:16 AM

I lost weight for the first trimester in both pregnancies, even with Zofran to help the second time around. I didn't even break even on weight the second time until 28 weeks, and have only gained 20 lbs total (including what I lost) and I"m 39 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:24 AM
Get some ensure or some boost, those should help you gain weight. I would also cut some of the activity you do everyday down some. Start looking up healthy recipes that have a lot of good calories and up your calories to double but in the healthy way not junk.

If you are scared talk with your doctor about putting you in the hospital on iv fluids, and supplement iv vitamins. It's best to have a plan in place then waiting.

I had morning sickness bad when I was pregnant to where I was admitted three times and had to have iv fluids and vitamin supplements via iv. It finally stopped at six months and then all I wanted was meatllike t bones. Lol

Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
They give zofran to anyone there's another that is stronger that is only given to cancer patients and women who have morning sickness really bad. They won't give it to just anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Check your thyroid. It could be messing with your metabolism.

I puked lakes of vomit with my first. 4-5 years later, I didn't puke a-once with my second. It was lovely.

I got my thyroid checked and was able to gain weight so I'm a normal weight now.

BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Cabbage is the secret...........i too was victim of severe morning sickness were I was put in the hospital 3 times over 9 months an labor was induced 2 weeks early. But I managed to gain 24 lbs because the Cabbage settled my stomach...............my grandna use to make it for my mom when she was so sick from the Chemo...an it really works!!!

Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Quoting Pnukey:

I puked lakes of vomit with my first. 4-5 years later, I didn't puke a-once with my second. It was lovely.

I got my thyroid checked and was able to gain weight so I'm a normal weight now.

My metabolism has always been pretty high. The only thing that makes me gain weight is alcohol and fast food.. Thats why I gained 15 lbs after moving out at 18.  I definitely dont want to consume either of those things while TTC or pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:34 AM
My child was on chemo for 4+ yrs but I'm sure you know more than me, and the hem/onc dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

They give zofran to anyone there's another that is stronger that is only given to cancer patients and women who have morning sickness really bad. They won't give it to just anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by Jenn on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting Pnukey:

My metabolism has always been pretty high. The only thing that makes me gain weight is alcohol and fast food.. Thats why I gained 15 lbs after moving out at 18.  I definitely dont want to consume either of those things while TTC or pregnant.

Mine was too, until I had 2 babies and turned 30. Eeek!

Italiancouture7
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Pnukey:

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting Pnukey:

Mine was too, until I had 2 babies and turned 30. Eeek!

Thats what my friend told me, when she turned 30 it really slowed down. Im about to turn 26 so I guess I have at least a few years left lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)