Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH and I are currently TTC baby #2. With my first pregnancy I had SEVERE morning sickness, to the point where my doctor prescribed me the anti nausea meds they give to cancer patients. Well that didnt work. During my first pregnancy I weighed 115 at start, during the pregnancy I only gained 13 lbs that could be tracked due to the severe morning sickness. So I obviously lost alot of weight during that first trimester. Well after having baby I got back down to my normal weight of 103 which is what I was before I gained that freshman 15 lol. But I have remained that weight for the last 4 years and now I start thinking about this next possible pregnancy. What will I do if I have that morning sickness again?? I couldnt keep ANYTHING down, im scared of losing more weight which would put me underweight. Im just scared of what that would do to the baby and my health.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Replies (21-28):
MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

My brother has the same problem. To gain weight he drinks 3 high-protein shakes a day in addition to his normal meals. He takes in around 4500 calories a day to gain weight. He is 6'5 and weighs 150 right now (he's up 10 lbs from what he did weigh 6 months ago).  

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting mom2priceboys:

so maybe put on some weight now to prepare for the loss from the first trimester???

Im trying but I have a very high metabolism and its very hard for me to gain weight. After I had DD my metabolism kicked into high gear. I cant seem to gain more than 3 lbs.

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM
No seriously they will give zofran to anyone not just cancer patients. I ad to take zofran and a stronger medicine to even try to stop my morning sickness. Look it up you will see that zofran is used just like phegan(?). There's one out that they give to adult cancer patients that is stronger then zofran.

I might know just the same as you or I might know more than you, but there's no reason to have an attitude there are plenty of antinausesa medicine out there you might not know about because they aren't approved for children. Do some research its not hard.

Quoting Anonymous:

My child was on chemo for 4+ yrs but I'm sure you know more than me, and the hem/onc dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

They give zofran to anyone there's another that is stronger that is only given to cancer patients and women who have morning sickness really bad. They won't give it to just anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Zofran. Its called zofran they give "cancer patients."
MrsErdos2011
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:40 AM

New meds are developed all the time. There is a fairly new one out that is a stronger than Zofran but I can't remember the name

Quoting Anonymous:

My child was on chemo for 4+ yrs but I'm sure you know more than me, and the hem/onc dept.

Quoting Anonymous:

They give zofran to anyone there's another that is stronger that is only given to cancer patients and women who have morning sickness really bad. They won't give it to just anyone.

Quoting Anonymous:

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:43 AM
If the OP is saying she took it then chances are its zofran.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

New meds are developed all the time. There is a fairly new one out that is a stronger than Zofran but I can't remember the name

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
No its not. Like I said there's another one that is stronger zofran wouldn't have don't anything for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:48 AM
*rolling eyes* is this what people on here do? Just look to bicker? Idc if she took percocet I was stating what it was.. don't come here to argue with a stranger.

Quoting Anonymous:

No its not. Like I said there's another one that is stronger zofran wouldn't have don't anything for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Then check your facts before you ASSume anything.

Have a great day.

Quoting Anonymous:

*rolling eyes* is this what people on here do? Just look to bicker? Idc if she took percocet I was stating what it was.. don't come here to argue with a stranger.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I had the same exact thing with all three of my kids. The baby will be fine. I took Zofran with all three of mine and they were fine. Hopefully this time it won't be as bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)