Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Advice please

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

I know this isn't really the group to ask for advice in but I figured since moms from all walks are in here I would give it a shot lol

I have a 9 month old little one that never seems to be happy.  He cries when I hold him, when I put him down, while drinking h and is bottle, while eating his food and especially when I put him to bed.  He hardly will sit on the floor and play even if I have him on my lap on the floor.  He just throws himself back and screams.  I could see if it was just wanting to be held but even then he cries.  

We have brought him to the DR and he does have acid reflux and GI issues and is on meds.  He is also starting early intervention this week for delays. Anything else I could be doing??  I hate to see him this unhappy!!

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I had a cranky baby too and the doctor switched her from formula with iron to formula without iron.  Iron has a tendency to make them really gassy and miserable.  Is you baby drinking formula with iron in it?  If he is, it could be making the acid reflux even worse.  Just a suggestion.

BridgeEbb
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM

With all his GI issues maybe this could be it.  I will have to call his pedi.  He is on alimentum (sp?) but it does have iron in it.  Thanks I will check into this!

Quoting gypsy30:

I had a cranky baby too and the doctor switched her from formula with iron to formula without iron.  Iron has a tendency to make them really gassy and miserable.  Is you baby drinking formula with iron in it?  If he is, it could be making the acid reflux even worse.  Just a suggestion.

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Poor baby. I would pester the pediatrician until you get an answer.
Hang in there momma.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gypsy30
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:02 AM

changing formula to one w/o iron really helped my dd.  She was a totally different baby from that point on.  Good luck!

Quoting BridgeEbb:

With all his GI issues maybe this could be it.  I will have to call his pedi.  He is on alimentum (sp?) but it does have iron in it.  Thanks I will check into this!

Quoting gypsy30:

Byrd15
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I think I remember when Joey went through a phase like that. He just wasn't happy. It lasted about 2-3 weeks then he popped 2 teeth! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)