Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my sons teachers are my friends and other moms are starting to get o pisseded

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I babysit 5 or 6 of the teachers kids at my my sons school.
I also hang out with my child's current teacher. She is my best friend and I love her to death.

Well some moms are starting to complain and are taking it up with the district. The principal doesn't care.

My child gets the same grades as they do.there is no special treatment going on.

Would you get mad if someone at your child's school babysat teachers children and was friends with the current teacher?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Replies (71-73):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

all she does is drop the teachers kids off at school when she picks her kids up.  if other parents have an issue with that then they are insecure fucking idiots.  teachers have children *GASP* and friends *DOUBLE GASP* because they are human beings too *TRIPLE GASP*

a big part of parenting is teaching your children that the entire world does not revolve around them.  if their parents cant even grasp that concept then that is pretty sad.  your little susy is not the only snowflake that has ever graced the earth with their presence.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

You need to keep your special friendship out of the school.  And if your child is misbehaving and not being reprimanded, yes, I WOULD care.

matofour
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:28 AM
There's a huge difference in high school students and elementary Ed. And a huge difference in spending one hour a day in class with a teacher, and all day.

It's like comparing apples and oranges. Two completly different things.

Quoting tossed:

But, it does happen. My kids attened a high school with 2000 kids. The choir teacher had his own kids in class as did the band director. If a person teaches a specialized class, the option is either your child is not allowed to take the subject or they are in the class. 

Quoting matofour:

So is it one or two teachers? If it's two teachers there is somewhere to move him to.

I don't think it's appropriate, just like it's not appropriate for a teacher to have their own child.

Quoting Anonymous:

There are no other teachers to move him too. Its a small school. One or two teachers per grade.

Quoting matofour:

I babysit for teachers kids as well.

My kids would never be in their room,

I don't think it's right.

Our principal would never allow it, I would never allow it, and the teachers (whom I babysit for) would never allow it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hollyandjason
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
It's none of their business what the teachers do for child care or what the teachers do out of the classroom!

Like other moms have said if the said teachers are showing special treatment then yes other wise they will get over it!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)