Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stop it. Just STOP IT!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 154 Replies
74 moms liked this

Stop comparing Obama to Hitler. It makes you look stupid and ignorant.
Hitler was a supremacist madman that murdered millions just because they were different. He created a systematic machine to be able to kill and dispose of as many people as possible in a short amount of time. And he didn't want people to have guns so they wouldn't be able to defend themselves from the EXTERMINATION he planned. In fact, his policy wasn't even to ban weapons, that's a pro-gun lie. Hitler only disarmed the persecuted groups, but the not the general population.
Obama wants to control the kind of guns you can have to try to prevent tragedies. He has no interest in exterminating the part of the population he doesn't like, he's not building extermination camps, he's not murdering his own people. He wants his people to stop murdering each other.
Yeah, same thing.
As a Jew, descending from people who fled the Nazi regime, I find this comparison insulting. My great grandparents lost everything. The Nazis took their home, their business and their belongings. And they did the same with millions of people. Citizens were forcibly removed from their homes, shoved in closed communities where they lived with limited resources. All that before they were forcibly shipped to working camps as slave workers, left starving, until they were gassed to death and cremated. Children and the elderly, of course, were automatically gassed, as they were useless as workers.
And you compare what's happening in the US to that because some people want to take away your precious military rifle? GET REAL!
You live with the freedom to own property, to have a business or seek employment anywhere you want, you have a right to practice your religion, to say whatever you want, to seek an education, marry who you want and have the children you want. You have complete access to any goods, you even have a right to get help if you're having financial problems.
So when you compare modern day US to Nazi Germany and Obama to Hitler you sound like a freaking spoiled BRAT who has taken everything for granted and at the slight inconvenience whines and bitches about "my liberties" being taken away. You have NO IDEA how good you have it, your government has actually spoiled you by catering to your tantrums, so now when they don't... They're "Nazis".

So STOP. Just STOP. Look at the world and learn to appreciate what you have. And STOP spreading nonsense that doesn't do anything positive and quite the contrary, creates fear and discord that could end up in tragedy.

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgirl58
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Like. Like. Like.

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM

THANK YOU!!!

LynBoz
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

AMEN!!!!

ARS82078
by Angela on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Yes, totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself. 

MysticalKnight
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
You do realize that giving these reactions to these topics only adds fuel to the fire, right?
WarriorMum
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:55 AM

clapping

RLT2
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:56 AM

True, totally

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:58 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that giving these reactions to these topics only adds fuel to the fire, right?

I couldn't care less. As long as reason and common sense reach some people, I don't care if it fuels anything.
If keeping my mouth shut would stop these idiots from spreading crap that's not only insulting, but it's potentially dangerous, I would shut up. Unfortunately, it doesn't. So the least I can do is throw some common sense into the ring.
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm totally with you OP, but just be prepared that the crazies will say and believe whatever they want no matter what we say!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN